Colorfly C10 - Colorfly Is Back!
Sep 21, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #137 of 397
Just so you know, there is a new firmware for this beautiful player around guys. It added the album cover support (excellent!). From their official site:
  1. (1) increase the USB-DAC function, you can play the music through connecting your PC and C10
    (2) increase the cover of the playing albums
    (3) optimize the sonic boom appeared when changing the song
    (4) optimize the occasional sonic boom when DSD music is playing
    (5) modify the boot screen
    (6) modify the occupation of system to the CPU, thus improving the reaction rate

A little proof of the cover support.
Now let me tell you the player is still not perfect. There are some things that are still annoying me:
1 - Annoying problem with the SF Card. Sometimes when you turn off the device it won't recognize the SF card the next time you turn it on, so you will be forced to reinsert it.
2 - The famous clicking sound when changing tracks (or simply starting them) can become a nuisance. It can lead to moments where you will be unable to hear the whole first second of a song, which is really a problem for any audiophile. Now this could be 'fixed' if the player had gapless playback with cue sheet but...
3 - No gapless playback support. This is possibly the main problem as of now for this device. The only workaround is to rip albums in a single file, but that sucks if someday you want to play just that one song from the album. Even with a cue sheet the album won't play gapless, which really sucks because of the popping, clicking sound between songs.
4 - The USB-DAC support is not working for me. As soon as I connect the device to my computer it will disconnect after a few seconds. (Windows 10). I've tried different cables and everything but nothing seems to work.

And that's all for now. I wish there were more audiophiles using this device, because the sound quality is simply astonishing, and we would make more noise in the forums, so the firmware updates would run faster too haha.
Hails everyone.

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #138 of 397
In terms of sound quality they seem to be on par levels (altough some people are still prefering the C10 for its beuaty haha), but I've heard horrible stories about the DX90 bugs. Colorfly C10 is not for everyone, that's for sure, but it's a very consistent player and if you can get over its eventual cons (read my last post) I think you will love the C10.
Hails.
Edit: sorry, I double posted

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #139 of 397
Can anyone compare to DX90?

In terms of sound quality they seem to be on par levels (altough some people are still prefering the C10 for its beauty haha), but I've heard horrible stories about the DX90 bugs. Colorfly C10 is not for everyone, that's for sure, but it's a very consistent player and if you can get over its eventual cons (read my last post) I think you will love the C10.
Hails.

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #141 of 397
If the sound quality is equal to the DX90 I would like to buy the C10 because of it's beauty. But no gapless and popping, clicking sound between songs is a no go for me.

I know man, I really hope they fix that in the next update. I trust Colorfly, but I would wait if I were you.

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #143 of 397
Hello folks,

Need some advice - would you recommend getting C10 as an upgrade to Hidisz AP100. I like Hidisz very much, but I want something a bit better sounding and better looking. The DAC chip inside of them is the same if I am not mistaken, so the signature should at least faintly resemble each other.

I am aware of lack of gapless and clicking sounds - not a big deal to me.
I have separate tabletop DAC so USB DAC is not an issue too.

The questions are -
1) How serious is the memory card issue? How often it occurs? How picky the device is about memory cards and what capacity it can handle?
2) Is the general sound balanced? How are bass and treble drops? Are they smooth?
3) What is the battery life on average? Let's say 32Ohm load, medium volume, hi-res .FLAC - around 8 hours?
4) How durable is the body? Are there any cracks from temperature difference (inside/outside)?
5) The cover goes with it, right?

Sorry for barrage of questions, but I really like the looks of this DAP, though unsure it would be worth upgrading into in terms of sound.
Thx in advance!

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #144 of 397
1. I'm using C10 with 128gb and 200gb cards for a over a year now and have no issues.
2. Sound is very smooth and natural, I would call it organic. I personally don't hear the treble and bass roll off. Other players sound digital and way to technical compared to c10.
3. I've got over 12 hours o flacs on medium volume.
4. Front is made of metal so it's pulletproof, on the wooden back i've got only minor scratches that are hard to see.
5. Cheap looking cover comes with it but it gets the job done.

Jan 19, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #145 of 397
  1. I'm using C10 with 128gb and 200gb cards for a over a year now and have no issues.
2. Sound is very smooth and natural, I would call it organic. I personally don't hear the treble and bass roll off. Other players sound digital and way to technical compared to c10.
3. I've got over 12 hours o flacs on medium volume.
4. Front is made of metal so it's pulletproof, on the wooden back i've got only minor scratches that are hard to see.
5. Cheal looking cover comes with it but it gets the job done.

Thx a lot, have you ever listened to AP100?

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #149 of 397
C10 is available on JD for bargain price. It is Joy Collection so is sold by JD directly, not the vendor who registered on marketplace.

I ordered and received one. New and functional, complete package, though I recommend to use Paypal for safety reasons.

Ootb sounds like a better version of AP100 with improved clarity, lower output impedance and better looks. No playback issues with FLAC and WAV files (low and high res), but for CUE some of the files had a few seconds shift (3-10 approximately).
No huge improvement or WOW- factor, but given new price I find it a good deal. Btw the wood smells nicely =)
Nevertheless they seem to be getting rid of the stocks so soon this device is likely to be gone.

Sep 14, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #150 of 397
C10 is available on JD for bargain price. It is Joy Collection so is sold by JD directly, not the vendor who registered on marketplace.

I ordered and received one. New and functional, complete package, though I recommend to use Paypal for safety reasons.

Ootb sounds like a better version of AP100 with improved clarity, lower output impedance and better looks. No playback issues with FLAC and WAV files (low and high res), but for CUE some of the files had a few seconds shift (3-10 approximately).
No huge improvement or WOW- factor, but given new price I find it a good deal. Btw the wood smells nicely =)
Nevertheless they seem to be getting rid of the stocks so soon this device is likely to be gone.
1599 yuan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back