Colorado Head-Fi Meet 2023 Saturday February 11th
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #181 of 255
Jul 28, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #182 of 255
Sep 11, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #183 of 255
Hey we should all start talking about another fun can gathering.

Sep 11, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #184 of 255
Absolutely! Who else is in?

Sep 12, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #185 of 255
I'm down! Depending on timing, at least. I have a trial coming up the first week of Oct, so I'm MIA till that's over, but should be better after that. Hope to have a new preamp arriving in mid-November or so which I'd be happy to audition for the group, too. (@Voxata & @sharktopus put the preamp idea in my head!) Also, I still need to provide more fulsome impressions from our last meet. And I need to spend more time with the Sennheiser/Drop HD 6XX Voxata modded for me (which is awesome, btw)!

Sep 12, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #186 of 255
Glad you are enjoying the 6XX. There are ways to adjust the foam to get the bass response you prefer as well, plus the whole headphone requires a lot of break-in IMO. Early Oct I've got Colorado Lanfest so planning later is ideal for sure as far as meeting up goes. What pre did you end up landing on? Today I'm hoping to score my first truly 'high-end' DAC.

Sep 12, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #187 of 255
Thanks for the 6XX tips! Let me know if you're looking for a space for the next meet--I'm happy to check on using mine again.

I have a Supratek Cabernet DHT+6SN7 preamp on order. (Following in @paradoxper 's footsteps). Pretty excited about it!

What DAC are you hoping to get today?

Sep 12, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #188 of 255
Honestly your space was absolutely perfect. I had a great time meeting everyone and listening to gear. That is one beautiful pre! That'll definitely add some nice flavor to your setup.

I picked up a Yggdrasil GS w/Unison locally. I really like the A1 presentation compared to what I hear about the A2. I did get some LIM boards though as I do like the B2/64 quite a bit, but as is and without any warmup it sounds amazing.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #189 of 255
Honestly your space was absolutely perfect. I had a great time meeting everyone and listening to gear. That is one beautiful pre! That'll definitely add some nice flavor to your setup.

I picked up a Yggdrasil GS w/Unison locally. I really like the A1 presentation compared to what I hear about the A2. I did get some LIM boards though as I do like the B2/64 quite a bit, but as is and without any warmup it sounds amazing.
Awesome! Look forward to hearing more of your impressions of the Yggdrasil!

Sep 27, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #191 of 255
Hi all! I just found out about this thread from a post in the CanJam SoCal thread, I love CanJam but it’s not frequent enough. I don’t know, a meetup every weekend seems about the right cadence, lol.

Joking aside, I’m down in Parker and would love to come out and play if there’s any Colorado-based meetups happening.

Oct 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #194 of 255
I'm fairly new but would love to do a meetup and get people's impressions. I'd be another coming from down in Parker but would be happy to drive wherever in Colorado. I made my first big purchase recently in a Chord Hugo TT2 which I could bring for people to try. I'd like to hear it with nicer headphones at some point to better understand different strengths and better determine what I like. I've read and watched reviews about the HD800s's fantastic soundstage and imaging or Audeze LCD line's base response, the Clear's impact, or the clarity in some HiFiMan, etc., but I don't really know yet what I prefer.

Oct 2, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #195 of 255
I'm fairly new but would love to do a meetup and get people's impressions. I'd be another coming from down in Parker but would be happy to drive wherever in Colorado. I made my first big purchase recently in a Chord Hugo TT2 which I could bring for people to try. I'd like to hear it with nicer headphones at some point to better understand different strengths and better determine what I like. I've read and watched reviews about the HD800s's fantastic soundstage and imaging or Audeze LCD line's base response, the Clear's impact, or the clarity in some HiFiMan, etc., but I don't really know yet what I prefer.
That sounds like a perfect reason to have a meet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back