Colorado Head-Fi Meet June 22, 2024

Are you attending?

• Total voters
Apr 24, 2024 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Hiker816

500+ Head-Fier
Hello Colorado Head-Fi’ers!

Save the date for our next Head-Fi meet, to be held on June 22nd.

Date & Time: Saturday, June 22, 2024 from 1pm-6pm

*Fellow Head-Fi’er @Strayngs graciously offered to host, but his work schedule precludes holding the meet at his place over the summer. However, we're looking forward to holding our winter meet there! Head-Fi'er @MokhaMark also graciously offered to host, but we decided to keep it at my office this time because we are expecting higher-than-normal attendance since Danny from RAAL-requisite / RAAL 1995 is attending (thanks to @MokhaMark for helping orchestrate Danny's visit!). Down the road, watch for another future meet at Mark's place, though.

Stay tuned for more info in this thread about parking, potentially unloading in the loading bay, and other logistics as we get closer. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 40
Apr 24, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 40
Apr 24, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 40
Will there be food?
Depends. Are you bringing any? Why waste good listening time on eating? :o2smile: Just kidding. Supposing I'm hosting, we can do as we like! Whoever is interested can also grab dinner after the meet finishes up. It's possible we might be moving the venue to another Head-fier's house, though, in which case it'll be up to him. Will update once that shakes out.

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #6 of 40
Apologies for being a tease, but I'm too excited not to share. Just got off the phone with a certain special manufacturer, and he sounds very interested in attending our meet. And he is thinking of bringing some very special gear. Will share more as soon as it is confirmed, but trust me, if it works out, this is a meet you won't want to miss.

FYI, I'm bribing this manufacturer with a promise to buy him a nice steak, so that means there would be dinner plans following the meet for anyone who wants to join.

Apr 24, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #7 of 40
Definitely coming down for this again. Great group of folks! Great group of gear!! Can't wait to do it again.

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #8 of 40
I'll throw something out there that we can do on pretty much any weekend, year around. I mange a two store tire and auto repair chain. Our Frisco store has a very large and gorgeous (for a tire store!!) waiting room with about 60-80 lineal feet of tables that we use to display tires. It we be extremely easy to move a couple dozen tires and use this space for our gear. We also have a couple comfortable sitting areas and a bunch of stools. We have a ton of parking and REALLY easy in/out. Now, the only reason to do this is if you all want to get out of the city heat in the summer or get yourself a ski a weekend. Think about it... I can set it up pretty much anytime.

Attachments

• 1I7A0737.jpg
    1I7A0737.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 0
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #9 of 40
Hey @Hiker816 and @Voxata, I will be attending this event.

I met you guys and others at a Denver Head-Fi event around two years ago, Summer 2022: I was the guy who came super late with the Arya V2 and the Audioquest Nightowl, lol, not sure if you remember me.

Well, I've upgraded substantially since then, and I'd love to attend this meet. I can bring everything in my flair except the Gumby. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #10 of 40
Hello Denver folks, I am in for this for sure, thank you for the invite. I look forward to meeting all of you. I will be discussing details with @Hiker816 today, but I have volunteered to host at my University Hills home. It is modest, but we could have 3-4 separate listening areas for quiet. I do have a 36 pound friendly dog however, so if anyone is allergic we can reconsider. I am an enthusiastic home cook and we could also consider lighting some coals if preferable to going out. It is just an offer, if the group decides another location is more suitable I will go with the flow.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #11 of 40
Hey @Hiker816 and @Voxata, I will be attending this event.

I met you guys and others at a Denver Head-Fi event around two years ago, Summer 2022: I was the guy who came super late with the Arya V2 and the Audioquest Nightowl, lol, not sure if you remember me.

Well, I've upgraded substantially since then, and I'd love to attend this meet. I can bring everything in my flair except the Gumby. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
I remember you! Glad you can join us again.

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #12 of 40
Darn, I'm out of town that weekend. I'd like to join one of these times! I'll keep an eye on this thread in the off chance the date changes.

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #13 of 40
Darn, I'm out of town that weekend. I'd like to join one of these times! I'll keep an eye on this thread in the off chance the date changes.
Sorry to miss you at this one! But there'll be more opportunities--please stay tuned for an announcement in the late fall for our winter meet at Strayngs' place.

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #14 of 40
Big thanks to Schiit again for providing some of their new gear to demo at the meet! Despite RMAF being gone for a while now they've consistently supported our Denver meets and the kits have been fantastic performers.

If you are looking for a sweet integrated the Rag2 is on sale presently. Things are a touch tight for me at the moment or I'd have scooped one up already to bring as well. I will however bring the Pietus and, the rest is TBA.

Last meet there really was a lot of great gear to try out and things are shaping up to be even more diverse this time around!

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #15 of 40
Big thanks to Schiit again for providing some of their new gear to demo at the meet! Despite RMAF being gone for a while now they've consistently supported our Denver meets and the kits have been fantastic performers.
Woohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back