Cologne-fi
Oct 27, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #46 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoever likes fruit smell, you might want to try Clinique Happy for Men. Girls love it.

My brother has this cologne, and I've always mocked him for it - Clinique "Happy For Men"
biggrin.gif

I get a lot of positive comments on swiss army colognes, but I never see them anywhere. Davidoff Cool Water normally gets a positive response, but all women know it by name now and I smell it on others too often. I really like my Hollister Jake and Kenneth Cole Black,but right now my favorite is Hermes

Oct 27, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #47 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder what this stuff smells like ...
blink.gif

I'm finishing off a bottle of Kenneth Cole Reaction and need a new scent .. anyone recommend something similar?

I like the "clean, citrus, light" scents as opposed to a musky scent.

Check out Claiborne Sport or Aqua Di Gio...

Whatever happened to Red for Men? I haven't seen it in forever!

Hey BTW, don't forget to check out how a scent mixes with your body chemistry... I really liked Cool Water when it first hit big and almost bought some, but I put it on and it smelled awful!

Oct 27, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #48 of 436
Jesus. I hate any fragrance from Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, and Aeropostale. Too many people wear it it's not even attractive anymore.

Oct 28, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #49 of 436
Quote:

Jesus. I hate any fragrance from Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, and Aeropostale. Too many people wear it it's not even attractive anymore.

Agreed... Especially when you can smell it coming from twenty feet away, like they've bathed in it.

Most current department store and especially mall fragrances like those rip off older classic fragrances. For example, check out Drakkar Noir for a "black" cologne from 1982.

Reminds me... One mall scent worth sampling is Burberry for Men (not Burberry London). It has the classic Burberry vanilla/tonka bean base with a ton of interesting fruits, woods, and flowers layered on top.

It's one of the only popular scents that sticks out in my mind as being somewhat unique. Sort of like Joop! (smells a bit like cleaning supplies) or Fahrenheit (spicy).
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Flowers and citrus. I don't really like musk or woody smells, at least not when I smell of it
biggrin.gif

Now that I think about it, maybe Lorenzo Villoresi's Dilmun?

Oct 28, 2007 at 9:49 AM Post #50 of 436
I hate this cologne with passion . Other than this I smell like Gillette clear gel . My GF made me buy this because she though it smelt good . It doesn't !!!!

If anyone wants to trade let me know :p

hv8cxv.jpg

Oct 28, 2007 at 10:22 AM Post #51 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by leoftw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate this cologne with passion . Other than this I smell like Gillette clear gel . My GF made me buy this because she though it smelt good . It doesn't !!!!

Le Mâle, eh? There may be a reason for that... Here's the designer, Jean-Paul Gaultier.
biggrin.gif

What did it smell like to you / what didn't you like about it?

Oct 29, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #52 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Le Mâle, eh? There may be a reason for that... Here's the designer, Jean-Paul Gaultier.
biggrin.gif

What did it smell like to you / what didn't you like about it?

I can't explain it . Some people like it and some people don't . It cost me about 70$ too .

My beyond favorite cologne is

"clairborne sport" best cologne ever !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 29, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #53 of 436
I personally love Hugo Boss Dark Blue. Sometimes I wear Versace Jeans Courture.

When I don't feel like wearing my better stuff, I go with Tommy Hilfiger. Been wearing some Swiss Army my girlfriend gave me too lately.

Personally, I really dislike CK scents.

Oct 29, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #54 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally love Hugo Boss Dark Blue.

That one looks pretty interesting... Lime and ginger top notes, woodsy middle notes, and a combination of suede, patchouli, and incense notes as the base. Sounds complex.

Hugo Boss's regular Boss cologne smells pretty good, too, from what I remember.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leoftw
"clairborne sport" best cologne ever !!!!!!!!!!!!

That's about as far away from Le Mâle as you can get. Judging by the basenotes, Claiborne Sport must smell like you're in a forest.
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #55 of 436
Where is the cheapest retailer to get cologne's?

Oct 29, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #56 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's about as far away from Le Mâle as you can get. Judging by the basenotes, Claiborne Sport must smell like you're in a forest.
biggrin.gif

hahahhahahaa

I'm picking one up soon .

Oct 29, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #57 of 436
Quote:

Where is the cheapest retailer to get cologne's?

That depends on the rarity of the cologne. Usually, the cheapest place is eBay. Otherwise, most retailers (i.e. department stores) have the same prices for everything.

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #59 of 436
Trying to find something nice for the wife for christmas. Any suggestions ? And no Im not sure what she even wears now. We use seperate bathrooms and I never look. Ill try to see tonight.

Im thinking something lite though neither of us like heavy smells. prolly flowery and not too woody. No mint. hmm ill try to add more as I am looking through basenotes. Will be for work and when we go see the relatives. We almost never go out. 3 month old baby so no time for that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back