Cologne-fi
Oct 22, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #31 of 436
i like Chanel egoiste platinum, crabtree and evelyn sandalwood, that cannabis scent from Fresh, got some aqua di parma from my girl but i really don't like it, My Man by Fresh Scents that i think is hand mixed here in LA or something, also from her which is really interesting, however Creed Silver Mountain water is the Qualia of my scents, and i don't use it unless i have the need to impress lol i roughly equate it to like 2 bucks a squirt yikes!

Oct 22, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #32 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually go for this one:
41B7SBHEKML._AA280_.jpg

Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani

This is a close second to "Victoria secrets very sexy for him 2".

if you like the Acqua from Armani you and any lady close will love this stuff. think about it for a second, how Can they be wrong with the intended market and products they craft and sell? I have yet to get anything close to compliments with everything else I went with before..

Oct 22, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #33 of 436
Hugo Boss Baldessarini Del Mar. Love it. Not too sweet, fresh but not too sour with a Boss-typical wooden note to it. I used to try out new fragrances frequently but have now happily settled for this one. Just bought my 3rd bottle last week.

Anyways, what works for some doesn't work for others. A friend recommended Boss' new "Selection" cologne to me, which works perfectly for him, but didn't do it on my skin.

Oct 22, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #34 of 436
ok, you´ve missed the carolina herrera for men, which my brother forgut on his last visit, the azzaro velveter, the armani is code, not mania, givanchi very irresistable,

the estee lauder, is masculine, its something i bought on an impulse, it smells like being fresh out of the shower, i can only describe the smell as clean,

Oct 22, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #35 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the estee lauder, is masculine, its something i bought on an impulse, it smells like being fresh out of the shower, i can only describe the smell as clean,

Ah, gotcha... I hadn't seen that there was a version for men. There's a pretty big difference between the two!

for men--

Top Notes: Citrus Effervescence, Nectarine, Sky Air Accord
Middle Notes: Pimento, Coriander Seed, Red Ginger
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Iridescent Ebony, Deep Forest Moss

versus the original--

Top Notes: White Lilies, Fresh Violet Leaves, Green Accord
Middle Notes: Black Lilies, White Peony, Pink Roses, Jasmine, Karo Karounde Blossoms, Baie Rose
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Patchouli

It's hard to believe that they even have the same name.
etysmile.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 7:29 AM Post #36 of 436
Old Spice

Oct 26, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #37 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Jack Black Liquid Magnetism!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jack Black Signature 'Black Mark' Eau de Parfum Spray Stir; don't shake: one part rare kashmir saffron. Small dash of fresh coriander. Mix in: one part warm red cedar. Accent with: rich, aromatic leather. Savor the warm sensuality.
smily_headphones1.gif

I like the Jack Black because it's very subtle and unique. Women tell me it's very pleasing and not overpowering like many men's colognes. Not to mention that you won't smell like every other guy out there.
cool.gif

RIDE

Ha! Have not tried the Black Mark yet...My wife loves Jack Black and gets me the Silver Mark for my birthday and the Blue Mark for Christmas. I love them too and the two bottles seem to do me just fine throughout the year. Will have to start dropping some hints about the Black Mark version soon
tongue.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #39 of 436
Cologne I use:

Davidoff Cool Water
Clinique Happy for Men

Oct 26, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #40 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone recommend a light cologne/parfum that has a fresh, sweet fruity twist?

What do you want the primary scent to smell like; musk, woods, incense, gourmand ("edible"), booze, flowers, citrus, etc.?

The best stuff often mixes these different elements together, so you might consider what sort of combinations you'd like to have.

Oct 27, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #44 of 436
Whoever likes fruit smell, you might want to try Clinique Happy for Men. Girls love it.

Oct 27, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #45 of 436
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoever likes fruit smell, you might want to try Clinique Happy for Men. Girls love it.

As they should... Clinique is a women's cosmetics brand. Sort of like how most young women also enjoy the men's Victoria's Secret colognes. When in doubt, buy from a store/brand made for women.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Seriously though, I use Jovan, which is cheap and really a hit with some girls.

For the drugstore price, Jovan Musk is a solid fragrance indeed; a '70s classic. Have you smelled Jovan Sex Appeal? It's harder to find than the Musk, but I think it smells interesting, almost like 7-Up or clear cola.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Flowers and citrus. I don't really like musk or woody smells, at least not when I smell of it
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm, that's tough... I can't think of any offhand. You might ask the people at the Perfumed Court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back