Cologne-fi
Nov 4, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #331 of 436
New acquisition: YSL la nuit de l'homme frozen cologne
This flanker of a flanker -- I can just picture all the Basenotes and NowSmellThis people quiver in horror upon hearing that! -- has long been discontinued by the time I made acquaintance and fell in love with it. But after a few months, a new 100ml bottle became available to me, so I was like zomgtehlordhathspokenyespweasegimmedat.

Smelling it in the comfort of my own home, it's somehow less impressive, but I think it reaffirms my love for this citrus-that-almost-smells-like-a-berry scent. I definitely have a weakness for bergamot. I aim to keep half a bottle for posterity and use half of it next summer.

I've also received decants of YSL Live Jazz, Jazz and Versace man eau fraiche. I really like Live Jazz but I wonder if I'm just drawn again to the citrus. 4711 might be my logical next step, even though I'm like hmmYSLisanicehouseishudtryBodyKouros :p

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #332 of 436
All I have is Hugo Boss Orange, Calvin Klein Crave and TruthTruth.

Nov 14, 2013 at 7:13 AM Post #335 of 436
i really like it. It's all just a mood thing for me. I don't replace most of them when they run out. Don't even have any real favorites. Whatever my girlfriend likes, I like! thanks for your sharing.
hDDnd7

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #337 of 436
She's an idiot! The guy I would most believe and has come closest to how I would judge/rate them (daily wear reasonable picks) is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEa68c1-aTk 

I wear 3 or 4 of these myself and can't or won't spend (T.Ford/Creed) money for everyday scents anyway. Those are rare and only worn on the most special of occasions. No doubt Creed has the best scents made but you pay a price to wear a Rolls Royce
blink.gif

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #339 of 436
True because IMHO Creed is the best there is (Mind you this is just my opinion)
wink.gif

If you were to want my top 12 this is what you would get however I'm not going online with a youtube video
blink.gif
 LOL

Everyday Scents:

Rochas Man

Thierry Mugler Pure Malt/Havane

Emporio Armani

Bvlgari Black

Armani Original

L’Instant De Guerlain

Dior Intense

La Nuit De L’Homme Yves Saint Laurent

Spicebomb Viktor & Rolf

Top Shelf/Rare Occasions:

Creed Aventus
             Millesime Imperial
             Tabarome
             GIT
             Himalaya

Tom Ford Noir De Noir Private Select

Channel Allure Pour Homme
                  Allure Sport Extreme

Nov 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #341 of 436
Green Irish Tweed (GIT) by Creed reminds me of Cool Water by Davidoff.  However GIT is less harsh on the nose and it doesn't smell synthetic compared to Cool Water.  

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #343 of 436
I was surprised how many gals still like Old Spice aftershave.

Still many gals don't like strong Cologne. The lighter the better. Even some really nice underarm deodorant can suffice most of the time for gals.

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #344 of 436
Creed Aventus and Royal Oud are my go to fragrances. 

Oh and if you are looking to sample these check out http://www.decantshop.com/

I typically don't endorse any sites, but that shop not only has practically every fragrance, freebies in orders, and outstanding customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back