College Football
Sep 16, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #136 of 628
It twas a great day of college football if one dug past the marquee match-ups which were once again duds. Pitt gave Michigan State all they could handle. The Hogs comeback against Bamar only to lose to a second drive. UK outscores Louisville. And for the cherry, TU and BYU fire their punters as the Golden Hurricane outlast the Cougars 55 - 47! Thank god for cable. I enjoyed the heck out those games.

Kirk Herbstreit is the worst color analyst I ever heard. Thank god SC rolled Nebraska just so I didn't have to listen to his dribble for three hours. I know they're expected to "dumb down" the game for us simple folks, but surely Kirby knows more about football than that - idiot.

You know who gave the best color commentary of the weekend - Ray Lewis during his interview at the WVU/Maryland game.

Let's give a shout out to the little guys! After a dismal start to the season, Iowa State beats Iowa! You just never know about those in state feuds. Duke ends their losing streak at 22. Congrats Blue Devils!

Well, after watching Florida, I've seen all the "contenders". It's way too early. But for this moment in time, LSU is the clear No.1. It's not even debatable in my book.

Three games in, and the Tigers have surrendered a whopping seven points! Barring health and scheme issues (I've yet to see one), LSU's defense may be one of the best of the last twenty years.

Sep 16, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #137 of 628
I'm happy with the weekend results, I get to get a good laugh from Notre Dame losing again, and NC State not only finally won one, but the scored over 24 points! It's been almost two years since they last did that, and I didn't get a wicked sunburn from tailgating. It's all smiles here.

Sep 16, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #138 of 628
I agree, the UK-UL and AR-AL games were the fun ones to watch. I saw very little of the USC-Neb game in the end.

But I had to watch my Wildcats lose to freakin' DUKE. Sheesh. Back to reality, I guess...

Sep 16, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #139 of 628
I couldn't decide who I wanted to see lose more, Michigan or Notre Dame. It was a lose-lose situation for me.
eggosmile.gif

Sep 16, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #140 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't decide who I wanted to see lose more, Michigan or Notre Dame. It was a lose-lose situation for me.
eggosmile.gif

In a neutral game, I'm no big fan of either one, but Notre Dame at least treats their vistors like decent human beings the times I've gone there. I try to avoid getting passionate about most sports, but hatred is the only word which resembles my sentiments for the school in Ann Arbor. I was hoping ND would at least put up a fight.....Oh well, I hope to enjoy being there on Saturday to watch them become 0-4.

On Carr: Whether he resigns or is fired, I find it quite likely that this will be his last season no matter how it turns out. Shame, too. I kind of like the guy in the sense that he's taken 10 years of 5-star players and managed to waste their potential. I'm afraid they'll replace him with someone competent.

Sep 19, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #141 of 628
Go,USC!!!

Sep 19, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #142 of 628
The Longhorns looked relaxed at UCF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4US7L6ypRk4

--

How about this W. Virginia pair? May have to be from the South or Midwest to understand...

DingleBerry.jpg

--

And for my favorite uni's in all of CF:

Bamar.jpg

Bama equals flat Crimson, numbered hat with gray facemask, they even kept the skinny pant stripes whereas schools like Arkansas (pictured, all white), OU, USC..etc changed to fat pant stripes over the last decade.

--

Another thing that bugs me about the new Nike Uni's:

galoklahoma.ap.jpg

Sweat stains for schools that have darker home colors. Nike uses their Sphere fabric instead of mesh for the front and back. I run in Sphere. It's nice for keeping you dry by moving sweat to the surface, but it leaves a visible contrast in the uni, which can easily be seen in the above pic. The dark is Sphere. The side panels are not. It's also amazing how tight uniforms are now. I would like to know how long it takes players to squeeze into those suckers.

Sep 19, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #143 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's also amazing how tight uniforms are now. I would like to know how long it takes players to squeeze into those suckers.

Hence the Dingle Berry(s).

Quote:

Originally Posted by applevalleyjoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go,USC!!!

Ok, we've got a Trojan. There goes my #2 position in this thread.
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #144 of 628
"Big test for USC will be games with Cal and Oregon, Nebraska barely a speedbump"

The USC match-ups against Cal & Oregon, will make for truely exciting college football. Anything could happen at these games, especially against Oregon. I can hardly wait! . . . . .

- augustwest

Sep 19, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #145 of 628
The "experts" have spoken. It's between:

Traveler.jpg
and
Tigers.jpg

plus
Albert.jpg
and
SoonerSchooner.jpg

Eh, I think it's too early but, so far, don't see Albert and the Schooner quite in the same league as the top two. But that's why they play the games!

See you on the Trojan or Tiger
blink.gif
side of moon.
tongue.gif

(Okay I'm done with the pics for a while)

Sep 19, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #147 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is up with those unis the Terps are wearing? Are they trying to make WV think they are just a mud puddle?

Glad the Terps just scored though - it'd be nice if this game stayed close...

Black uni's? they weren't brown...?

As for everyone not wearing black - only the students were told about the blackout, we all received free black t-shirts

**** wvu, btw.

Sep 20, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #148 of 628
My Aggies get a chance to show their stuff on national TV tonight. A little bit of A&M hype follows:

Texas A&M is fifth in the nation in rushing, averaging 295 yards per game. Their offensive line has 4 fifth-year seniors and a junior. They have a tandom of running backs. The big back, Jorvorskie Lane, is fourth in the nation in scoring. He is a touchdown machine, with 19 touchdowns last season and 7 in three games so far this year. The faster back, Michael Goodson, is averaging 5.6 yards per carry. Their QB is averaging 88 yards per game rushing (9 yards per carry!) and 115 yards per game passing (QB rating of 107).

Texas A&M is 20 out of 20 scoring when inside the red zone this season. This is primarily due to the combination of Lane and an outstanding kicker.

The Aggies' pass defense is very suspect. However, Miami does not have much of a passing attack.

In summary... Gig 'em!!
icon10.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #149 of 628
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The big back, Jorvorskie Lane,

I was wonderin' when the ol' Aggie would drag Reveille for a sniff 'round this thread again.

The above comment may be an understatement about Mr. Lane...it should be a three yards and a pile of dust affair in the ghetto can tonight.

Over/Under 30,000 for Cane home attendance; most bandwagon fans in CF?

[size=small]Gig 'em!!![/size]

Sep 20, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #150 of 628
Quote:

I was wonderin' when the ol' Aggie would drag Reveille for a sniff 'round this thread again.

Barely beating Fresno State in a 3-OT game in which we had a 19-0 lead at halftime did not do much for my bravado!
rolleyes.gif

This game tonight should be interesting for you since Oklahoma rolled up Miami 2 weeks ago in Norman. The Big 12 South competition might be the Aggies since tu hasn't looked very strong so far.

Quote:

[size=small]Gig 'em!!![/size]

Thanks for the support!
icon10.gif
Us Big 12 guys gotta stick together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back