Collection of Hand-made cases for Laptops and DAPs
Aug 6, 2008 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

terance

1000+ Head-Fier
My original post is below, but I thought that this would be a great place to start a thread about handmade cases, regardless of the source. If you find any cases for laptops, iPhone, smart phones, iPods, or any other DAP, please post it for us. If you have a picture of yours, that would be even better!

Etsy - An online market place for everything handmade. Has many more items outside of DAP and laptop cases.

Fabrix - This website has iPhone and iPod cases, as well as laptop cases that fit a variety of manufactures.

Foof - It looks like these guys only do Apple products, but I haven't looked into it with much detail. Some very unique fabric choices. Also 6 bucks worldwide shipping.

Vaja - Vaja looks like it specializes in leatherwork, and some very detailed leatherwork. It will cost you, but there are many people who are very happy with these cases.

Stretchy Zune Skin - This looks to be a custom made face/back plate for the Zune flash model. very cool look, clean and simple. I do not know how to order these, my assumption is contacting the creator through the zunerama webforum.

Zunigami - Very obviously named after the folded paper animals, and other things, Origami. This looks like a very slim, and simple (kind of) way to protect your zune flash model from smudges and scratches. Very, very thin.

Please keep posting with your finds!

----------------------------Original Post-------------------------------
I rarely find a "good" case that I like and am willing to spend my hard earned money on, but I think I may have hit the mother-load!

Etsy is a website that acts as a market place for people who hand make items, and then sell them. Some of the iPhone cases, as well as iPod cases, look so great.

I've ordered a case for my macbook and my iPhone 3g called "iSockit" and when I get some pictures I will post them up for you head-fiers to see.

I rarely get excited over cases, so check this place out.

Here is the laptop case that I bought, and here is the iPhone 3G case.

Looking for a wallet now, maybe I will finally find one that I buy because I like, not because I need.

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 12
I use a leather pouch-style case for my iPod Touch from a company called Sena. Hand made, cost $40, worth every penny.

Aug 6, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use a leather pouch-style case for my iPod Touch from a company called Sena. Hand made, cost $40, worth every penny.

I looked at the Sena pouches and didn't see any that caught my eye. Also, these are only 10 bucks which I thought was very reasonable. The price of some iPhone cases is a little inflated in my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a really cool site. Nice find OP.

yeah, I was very excited when I found the website, I already bought a money clip.

If anyone else finds some cool "doo-dads" on this website post em, I'd love to see em!

_matt

Aug 6, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #5 of 12
Aug 6, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #7 of 12
Aug 6, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #8 of 12
A beautiful piece of woodworking for sure but how exactly does it protect your iPod? It doesn't appear to have any shock protection, and wouldn't you scratch up the ipod sliding it in and out of that case?

Aug 6, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #9 of 12
My main draw the to iSockit is the $10 price tag. I want a cheap case that will keep my phone protected in the car and when it sits on my desk.

No point in me buying a $45 vaja case, or a "tank" case if is going to sit on my desk, or the side bin in my car. Also, the price of my iphone and laptop case was the same price as one single laptop fabrix case. I am a poor college student here! (with an iPhone)

I see your point thought, my main point behind posting this was to show people the other options aside from the mainstream companies that overcharge (imo) for their cases.

there are other options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back