Coinstar is amazing
Jul 7, 2010 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mistyfud

Head-Fier
Yeah, so I gathered up the massive accumulation of change I had around the house and took it all to the local Coinstar this afternoon. I wasn't expecting too much, maybe $40? After I fed everything into the machine, it just kept going on and on as I watched the cash pile up. Much to my amazement, it spat out $95 (would've been over $100, but the machine docks you 9% or so). I am now awaiting a new pair of RE0s to match my new iPhone 4 
wink_face.gif

The moral of this little story: if you're drooling over a certain pair of 'phones, go to Coinstar 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 8
Yeah, my bank does that for free, so I cashed in 60 bucks a couple weeks ago. Now I'm compulsively storing my change.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #4 of 8
coinstar is 10% isn't it? I go to a TD bank and get that for free. Other banks want the money rolled up but TD does not.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 8
My bank wanted the money rolled up so I decided to give coinstar a try. Now I'm super psyched over saving change :p

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 8
The 9% hit is pretty steep for something your bank will do for free. You can usually find coin wrappers cheaply at office supply stores, too.

Wrapping coins brings back memories of working as a teller through part of undergrad. If you handle a lot of coins, you can get pretty fast at it. My coin jar usually holds about $50 and I can work through it in a few minutes. Sure beats giving Coinstar $5 of that.

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #7 of 8
You guys need to roll your coins to take them to the bank? Most places 'round these parts have the sorting machines...

Jul 10, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #8 of 8

[size=medium]
Well, my RE0s arrived today! Safe to say I'm quite impressed with the sound from my ipod alone, a sound wich only improves when amped through the Little Dot I+. The separation and clarity is stunning for a pair of IEMs. Bass wise, the RE0 isn't as anemic as the ATH-AD700 and the definition is still tight and present. When compared to my Grados, they don't seem as full bodied, but that might improve as they burn in. Unfortunately, the cable is very microphonic, but the included clip definitely helps with that. All in all, the sound is great for something I can fit into my pocket.

RE0: a great introductory IEM, especially with its sub $100 price tag :)
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back