Coesair HS1a headset impressions
Mar 19, 2011 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ourfpshero

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got a corsair hs1a headset. this is the analog version-has regular plugs- the other version is a usb connector. This has been getting glowing reviews on the net, so being a gamer I got one.
These seem well built, solid, nice constrction. deep cups, nice pads, Not creaky. very 'ultrasone' or 'shure' type feel to them. Cord is braided but a little thin. Plugged them into my Xonar sound card which feeds into a fostex amp.
Well, I reaaly wanted to love these. seriously. microhone is great on these.
The sound is big soundstage, very clear in mids and mid highs. However, the upper highs are rough, lower mids are cold, and bass is light. swapping out the cloth pads for vinyl (included with headset) improves the bass a little.
Headfi-ers will be disapponited here.

As far as gaming brand headsets, the razer carcharias is still tops in terms of sound quality. for Headfi brands, the beyer mmx300 sounds like a beyer consumer version but costs 300$, and the senn pc350 needs slight modding to sound good.

the search continues...

p.s. I cant help but wonder what some jvc harx700 drivers would sound like in these.

Apr 3, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #2 of 2
got a deal on a broken shure srh750 (horrible build on these, what was shure thinking?), put the drivers in the corsair, and now real bass! actually a ton of bass and time for damping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back