Coaxial on HDP
Feb 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Bubbacritz

Head-Fier
So i got my Coaxial cable in the mail today and i went to hook my HDP into my Asus essence STX sound card but when i got it all hooked up it's not being picked-up on my computer as being a device and im not sure what's wrong. Any have any ideas?

Feb 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 15
What media player are you using on your PC? Have you chosen the right driver, usually STX SPDIF Pass-through within option or preferences? If using Direct Sound driver have you made sure the SPDIF (PCM) out is enabled (ticked) in the Xonar control panel?

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #8 of 15
Well the playback devices im offered are...
Nuforce HDP DAC (isn't recognized unless the usb cable is plugged in)
Speakers- Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Device
S/PDIF  Pass Through Device- Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Device
Digital Audio (S/PDIF)- High Definition Audio Device
Im not sure which to select to make it work since none are working for Coax currently
I am currently using iTunes as my player mostly because Foobar confuses me a lot

Feb 15, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
Well the playback devices im offered are...
Nuforce HDP DAC (isn't recognized unless the usb cable is plugged in)
Speakers- Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Device
S/PDIF  Pass Through Device- Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Device
Digital Audio (S/PDIF)- High Definition Audio Device
Im not sure which to select to make it work since none are working for Coax currently
I am currently using iTunes as my player mostly because Foobar confuses me a lot

-Select "Digital Audio (S/PDIF)" if that is also part of the essense STX output, if that is actually your onboard spdif, choose "S/PDIF Pass through - asus xonar.."
-You won't see the HDP as you won't be using the USB cable if you are trying to use coax, that's fine
-select the D position on the HDP
-have nothing plugged into the 3.5mm jack on the HDP

So why don't you want to use the USB to get audio to the HDP? 

Feb 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #11 of 15
Well i dont mind using usb now but i figure i should figure out other inputs because i might get an amp soon that has no usb input

Feb 15, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #13 of 15
Nope, still no sound. I am now using media monkey as my primary music player and i set the output on the direct output plugin to the S/PDIF pass through device as well as having it set the pass through device set to me default device  and still nothing

Feb 15, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #14 of 15
Did you try switching your HDP to the spdif connection? All you have to do is twist the knob to a different LED color.  I forget what color it is as I never use it.  Definitely not the color blue as that's for usb.

Feb 15, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #15 of 15
Yes but still no sound other than a low pop when i turn the knob (it's a white led just fyi)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back