cMoyBB v2.03 Headphone Amplifier Build problem, Output?!
Jul 19, 2012 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MrAwesome

New Head-Fier
[size=12pt] The other day a friend of mine showed me his Cmoy amplifier fully charged, and let me borrow it. While using it I did a side by side comparison, of how my IPod source would sound with, and with-out an amp using my M50s. First I conducted a test without the Cmoy, then I tried testing it with the Cmoy. While the Cmoy was turned off I connected the IPod to the Cmoy via FiiO L3 Line Out Dock Cable, and then connected the Headphones into the output.  I'm a bit worried because upon connecting my headphones into my friends Cmoy output it appeared that there was a small electrical spark when the headphone jack was contacting the output, [/size][size=12pt]again while the Cmoy was turned off. Then I turned on the Cmoy, and at first I could not hear music, but when I cranked it there was a faint sound of music. I turned off the Cmoy, unplugged my headphones; and plugged in my Sennheiser. This time with no spark coming from the output, again a  faint sound. I turned off the Cmoy unplugged everything, and tested out if my Headphones were the problem. I connected them straight into my IPod, and they sounded perfectly fine. So I reconnected everything back to the Cmoy, and bingo I could hear music! My question is why was there a small very quick soundless spark between the output and the jack of my headphones while the cmoy was turned off, It was like a quick small flash? Was that the cause of the faint sound when I did turn it on? The Cmoy works good, and [/size][size=12pt] I can music pretty clearly, but I don't know if it REALLY working or if I broke something. I'm very worried, did I break his amplifier or is normal? [/size]

Jul 19, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
[size=12pt] The other day a friend of mine showed me his Cmoy amplifier fully charged, and let me borrow it. While using it I did a side by side comparison, of how my IPod source would sound with, and with-out an amp using my M50s. First I conducted a test without the Cmoy, then I tried testing it with the Cmoy. While the Cmoy was turned off I connected the IPod to the Cmoy via FiiO L3 Line Out Dock Cable, and then connected the Headphones into the output.  I'm a bit worried because upon connecting my headphones into my friends Cmoy output it appeared that there was a small electrical spark when the headphone jack was contacting the output, [/size][size=12pt]again while the Cmoy was turned off. Then I turned on the Cmoy, and at first I could not hear music, but when I cranked it there was a faint sound of music. I turned off the Cmoy, unplugged my headphones; and plugged in my Sennheiser. This time with no spark coming from the output, again a  faint sound. I turned off the Cmoy unplugged everything, and tested out if my Headphones were the problem. I connected them straight into my IPod, and they sounded perfectly fine. So I reconnected everything back to the Cmoy, and bingo I could hear music! My question is why was there a small very quick soundless spark between the output and the jack of my headphones while the cmoy was turned off, It was like a quick small flash? Was that the cause of the faint sound when I did turn it on? The Cmoy works good, and [/size][size=12pt] I can music pretty clearly, but I don't know if it REALLY working or if I broke something. I'm very worried, did I break his amplifier or is normal? [/size]

Never heard of this happening. Must've been a burst of static electricity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back