Cmoy Amp
Jun 15, 2010 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lilkoolaidman

500+ Head-Fier
Jun 20, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 5
I don't have the bass boost cmoy, but I've got a biosciencegeek cmoy and a solder_monkey mini3. Save your money and get a mini3. My mini3 makes a much more noticeable improvement than my cmoy.

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #4 of 5
The JDS cmoy isn't too bad, and the bass boost is a really nice feature depending the genre of music. I do prefer the sound of my Mini3, it has more clarity throughout and it really isn't much more. Solder Monkey's started using some upgraded parts in his latest mini3s to give it more voltage swing and potentially stronger bass.

I initially wanted the cmoy to get me started, but looking the at the price difference between the JDS' premium cmoy and the mini3, I decided to wait a little bit (broke at the time) and spend the extra 45 for the mini3. I recently picked up the JDS cmoy for my brother as a starter and it sounds pretty good. I then did a comparison since I have been wondering the sound difference from the moment I went for the Mini3. What I found was that there is definitely a difference as the Mini3 offers more clarity and a bit better separation. Overall, I was satisfied that I made the right decision.

BTW, people also say the Mini3 out performs many of the more expensive amps :)

Jun 27, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 5
I picked one of these up off ebay recently and I've noticed a slight difference in clarity vs no amp and the bass boost does a nice job without distorting or muddying up the low end. I'd say it's a good first step into trying out headphone amps especially if your budget is low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back