C'mon guys. The SE530 Appreciation Thread. Triple Fi owners welcome
Jul 4, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #211 of 228
just traded my grado SR325I for a SE530. i absolutely love them, finally some big bass and clear highs. sometimes the bass is a bit overpowering, but that could be the result of my hearing being ****ed up by the loud club sounds...

so do i understand correctly that this is pretty much as good as it gets when it comes to one size fits all headphones? and do you get any better sound from a costum-fit headphone or is it just about the comfort?

Jul 4, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #212 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naim.F.C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone tell me whether the Black Foams are washable?

take a look in the manual... they're all washable, the foams just take a little bit longer to dry

Aug 5, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #213 of 228
Just thought i'd add myself to this thread.

Had the SE530 for a few days now and really loving them. Using with a D2 and Hornet M amp and i'm in SQ heaven at the moment. Also using the medium olives for a great seal.

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #214 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1nf1n1tygame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so do i understand correctly that this is pretty much as good as it gets when it comes to one size fits all headphones? and do you get any better sound from a costum-fit headphone or is it just about the comfort?

It all depends. Some people like the UEs more than the Shures. In fact, a lot of people on this forum do. I, personally, look at music as more of a "fun" experience, so these rule the best!

It depends on the customs you get. The LWs I have sound great, but getting refits can be a major pain if they don't properly work the first time. I'm looking at the UE-11s now, since they appear to be the only real step up from these puppies.

Mar 13, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #216 of 228
bump for Voltage

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #217 of 228
Whoever said there was an issue with 2nd owner warranty is wrong. I sold my SE530's a few months ago due to no longer having much interest in IEM's as I've converted to full size cans, and about a month after that the person I sold them too was having issues with one channel being quieter than the other (and it wasn't a cleaning issue), so he asked me for the original invoice, which I gave to him (was not a cash invoice, I bought with my credit card using a staff discount), and sure enough, shure sent him a prepayed shipping box, and once they received the 530's they sent him a brand new pair in a sealed box.

Mar 14, 2009 at 12:41 AM Post #219 of 228
Well I took the advice of Mr. Mahler and eq'ed to 'Electronic'. I also slid on some ER4-S tripple flange tips.

These 530's are terrific!!!

Jul 6, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #221 of 228
lol

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #222 of 228
Bump. SE530 deserves a lot more appreciation than this! To this day it remains one of the best 'phones I've heard regardless of type and price.

EDIT: I just realized that this thread is in the wrong section of the forum. Could the mods please move it to the portable headphone section. If it could be renamed to just "SE530 Appreciation Thread," that would be great.

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #224 of 228
hmm... interesting title? if its an appreciation thread for the SE530 why even post UE trip Fi owners welcome ? it almost implies a showdown between the triple Fi 10 and the Se530...

all in all, SE530's are great.. havent owned it but i have owned its little brother... comfortable fit, unlike the tripfi, but its all about the sonic signature for me

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #225 of 228
hmm... I have the opportunity to buy brand new SE530 for 142 euro ($279)... Is it worth it?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back