C'mon guys. The SE530 Appreciation Thread. Triple Fi owners welcome
Apr 28, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #136 of 228
SE530's do color the bass. Some may like that while others may shy away. With this point, your music tastes makes a big difference in deciding on what IEM's work the best. I own the Triples, 530's, UE 10 pro and 11 pro. For me, I always love the mids/voice and highs better with all UE products.

Apr 28, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #137 of 228
I love my i-Qube with both the Triples and the SE530's. Just my thoughts....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therapy2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need a nice amp with my SE530's
any suggestions?

Apr 28, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #139 of 228
Im thinking of making a DIY impedance cable. Then i could plug the headphones into that and then directly into the ipod. Same length, i should probably post this in the DIY forum, but any suggestions on what size wire to use to match the wire thickness of the SE530s?

sorry about that mods

May 1, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #141 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by qspeedss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DID THIS THREAD DIE OR SOMETHING??? 138??? is that all we have?

Im guessing everyone went to the dark side? (trip.fis)......

Nah, all the E530 owners are too busy enjoying music through their superb IEMs that it leaves all the Triple Fi owners who are envious room to vent.
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #143 of 228
Well, I just ordered mine yesteday after I realised that my ER4Ps were giving me headaches with prolonged use. And I wanted some more BBAAASSS!!

Hopefully, I'll be posting back as a dedicated fan in a few days.

Oh, yeah - and I've preorded a Pico amp, too...thanks to Skylab's excellent roundup.

May 4, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #144 of 228
first post here.. been lurking around though.. Finally got my se530 in the post yesterday. Upgraded to this from crossroads XB. In the process of burning-in though i have no idea if it will do any good since they are armature drivers. I would say the comfort is so much better than the triple-fi 10 which i considered too. one thing i noticed is that the shure olives made the sound warmer and yes, the comfort and isolation it gave was really good.

Mine was manufactured on 1st of april 2008 as stated on the box. Hoped this is the batch that have the cable problems fixed... Got mine from ebay, so i will have a problem with warranty if the cable gave way next time.

May 4, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #145 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by boxedfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
first post here.. been lurking around though.. Finally got my se530 in the post yesterday. Upgraded to this from crossroads XB. In the process of burning-in though i have no idea if it will do any good since they are armature drivers. I would say the comfort is so much better than the triple-fi 10 which i considered too. one thing i noticed is that the shure olives made the sound warmer and yes, the comfort and isolation it gave was really good.

Mine was manufactured on 1st of april 2008 as stated on the box. Hoped this is the batch that have the cable problems fixed... Got mine from ebay, so i will have a problem with warranty if the cable gave way next time.

First post! Welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet.

May 4, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #146 of 228
Quote:

if that is for definate the manufacture date then your shures should without any doubt be made using the updated cable compound, so do let us know if problems appear as it could be useful info about the new cables.

im not sure if the manufacture date is on the updated se530 boxes, it certainly wasnt on mine i had to refer to the cable to get a manufacture date. so check out the cable code because ebay is a little fishy sometimes

May 4, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #147 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if that is for definate the manufacture date then your shures should without any doubt be made using the updated cable compound, so do let us know if problems appear as it could be useful info about the new cables.

im not sure if the manufacture date is on the updated se530 boxes, it certainly wasnt on mine i had to refer to the cable to get a manufacture date. so check out the cable code because ebay is a little fishy sometimes

well the cable indicated 0788. it so should be around march.. does mine belongs to the batch with the updated cable compound?

May 4, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #148 of 228
Quote:

well the cable indicated 0788. it so should be around march.. does mine belongs to the batch with the updated cable compound?

well people rarely are lucky enough to get such a recently made set of phones, i remember being quite dissapointed when i got mine in july 07 and found they were made back in november 06, you can imagine it was a shock to see they had sat for some time before i brought them. but it was around late 07 (after october i presume) when shure started claiming the cables have been updated.

so yours being manufactured in march/april 08 should most definately be the updated cable for sure. if they are not then i would be suprised.

May 4, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #149 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well people rarely are lucky enough to get such a recently made set of phones, i remember being quite dissapointed when i got mine in july 07 and found they were made back in november 06, you can imagine it was a shock to see they had sat for some time before i brought them. but it was around late 07 (after october i presume) when shure started claiming the cables have been updated.

so yours being manufactured in march/april 08 should most definately be the updated cable for sure. if they are not then i would be suprised.

aww that shucks... anyway will keep fellow shure 530 owners updated if any problems with the cables arised from mine.. *keep fingers crossed*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back