C'mon guys. The SE530 Appreciation Thread. Triple Fi owners welcome
Apr 23, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #91 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both SE530 and TF10 are 2 way system.

i thought that too, the only true 3 way universals are the upcoming westone 3's.

rabbit you dont seem to get what im saying, both the triple fi and se530 are 2 way, but 3 driver, both use 2 drivers for bass and one for highs.

what i was trying to explain is ultimate ears chose to have the mids going to the bass drivers, unlike shure which has mids and highs going to the high driver, leaving 2 drivers for bass. i can understand why this dont seem right which is why i pointed it out because in theory it isnt right, ue seem to do it backwards as i said earlier.

anyway
tongue.gif
i aint getting heated dont worry like you said we just chattin, its a good point to discuss.

Apr 23, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #92 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by basman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both SE530 and TF10 are 2 way system.

Based on this info from the UE site regarding the TF10 PRO:

"Housed within the universal body are three individual speakers and an integrated passive crossover circuit board that directs the low-end frequencies to a dedicated speaker for bass, the mid-range frequencies to a speaker for the vocals and the high frequencies to a speaker dedicated for treble. "

This looks to me to be dedicated three way design.

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #93 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbitsfoot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on this info from the UE site regarding the TF10 PRO:

"Housed within the universal body are three individual speakers and an integrated passive crossover circuit board that directs the low-end frequencies to a dedicated speaker for bass, the mid-range frequencies to a speaker for the vocals and the high frequencies to a speaker dedicated for treble. "

This looks to me to be dedicated three way design.

LIES...LIES...ALL LIES....

SHURE SE530S RULES ALL!!!!

jk guys i dunno UE may be telling the truth.
redface.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #94 of 228
Anyways, Shure have shown me what High Fidelity would be like. I have never tried UE, so I have got no right to comment on them. We will think about Westone 3 when they get launched after 2020, just joking. Welldone Shure!

Apr 23, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #95 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LIES...LIES...ALL LIES....

SHURE SE530S RULES ALL!!!!

jk guys i dunno UE may be telling the truth.
redface.gif

APPEARS from the description to be a three way, would like to know how the crossover is applied in detail.

MAYBE- BLACK MAGIC-VOODOO!

YOUR EYES ARE GETTING SLEEPY-SWIM TOWARD THE LIGHT-SWIM TOWARD THE UE....ER...I MEAN THE LIGHT!

Apr 23, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #96 of 228
Sony MDR-EX700LP blows away the Shures IMHO. Still have my E500s they haven't come out since buying the Sonys, good cans just couldn't ever get around the Shure sound.

-sid

Apr 23, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #98 of 228
I bought a pair of the E500s (now the SE530) a year ago January and really wanted to love them. I like they way they look, I like the way they fit, I like the way they sound...except...

except for the sibilance. The hissing S's drive me crazy.

That's why last October I went out and bought a pair of the Triple.fi 10s. I don't like the way they look as much; I don't like the way they fit as much. But they sound great and no hissing.

I recently tried the black Shure foamies on the SE530s and they seemed to help, but didn't eliminate the sibilance.

So, it's the Triple.fi's for me. Fortunately, they're a great sounding IEM.

Apr 23, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #99 of 228
"Triple.fi with Comply foams is awesomelly better than SE530", thats what like 8 on 10 people who tried both says...
Anyway, i'll try not to change this into a comparison thread "Se530 vs Triple.fi", even it being almost impossible to...

I'm just asking those comparisons because I'm really in need to decide fast which IEMs im going into...

Another thing, is there ANY difference between E500 and SE530?

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #100 of 228
I upgraded from the ER-6is. The analytical sound had a place, especially classical and jazz, but left me wanting more for most music genres. I only have room in my headphone stable for one set of IEMs. They must do a credible job across all musical genres and really shine on classic rock and jazz. I think I've found exactly that in the SE530s.

So far, I've found exactly that. They do a good job of delivering good SQ across all musical genres. They really shine with classic rock and jazz. Also important to add a little warmth to the D2. The Shures seem to have a nice synergy with it.

I'm happy to join this SE530 love fest. They deserve the praise
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #102 of 228
Recently got some SE530's. Awesome IEM's. They sound fantastic with my Tomahawk, and they sound extremely good even straight out of a 2G Shuffle. Admittedly, when I am using them with the Shuffle I am at the gym, and not paying total attention to the music. But I do pay attention even then, and I am frequently blown away by how good they sound, particularly for rock. Lifted today to AC/DC Back in Black and Gang of 4 Entertainment (weird combo, I know) and both were just as involving and amazing sounding as could be.

You won't regret SE530's, especially when you want to rock out.

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #104 of 228
Hey guys. Sorry, I reread by post yesterday and it did seem a little harsh. When i wrote it, i didn't have any intention to jump on you or anything.

My point is, this isn't a comparison thread, just a nice game of "DUDE! check out my new PHONES! I can finally tune out my girlfriend/wife man!" (I assume most of us are guys. To all the girls on this forum, way to go... just.. way to go)______________________________________________

@Wolff - Depends on what you use it for. I really use it for portability because I ride a bus to school and it gets pretty darn loud. I dont want to pull out an iPhone AND an amp AND the earphones in the case just for 30 minutes of sonic bliss. My recommendation: Ipod Electronic EQ is beautiful. For workouts i use R&B to get that last rep or that last sprint. Ive used rockbox and i seriously dont think it surpasses the electronic eq. Plus the interface sucks. The hissing is pretty bad on the regular ipod software, and less on rockbox. I dont seem to hear it THAT much when music is playing though.
P.S. I have AAC encoding. To me, there is only a little difference between the 320kbps AAC and the lossless. And plus, if you have a 30 gig 5g ipod video, it doesn't have enough RAM to run the lossless so the music stutters. If you have an 80 gig or higher (or classic), you're good to go with lossless.
On computers and stuff, I have an IBM thinkpad and I think it works fine. About on par or better with the electronic EQ on ipod. Bass is a little tighter. Really, this is a $2000 laptop, but that was almost 3-4 years ago. If you have a recent computer, I think its green lights for you. For portable use, dont be TOO picky with SQ. thats what ive learned. Just appreciate the fact that you're listening to a pair of high end IEMs with spectacular SQ while the guy sitting next to you on the bus is blasting The Beach Boys at full volume with his ipod earphones just to heard a note or two.

Might think of going LOD + Amp in the future because I want that feeling of awe when you first listen to Jack Johnson with your upgrade.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

until next time, happy listening, and all you guys remember,
Lifes short, so get the SE530's.

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #105 of 228
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, back in black :p
this is a hard situation... I know if I get SE530 i'll keep thinking about triple.fis "how they sound? is it better?", and vice versa of course.

Then, as I see it, you have but two choices. First, buy both, listen to both, and keep the one you like the best. But that's an expensive proposition. Second, make your choice and just enjoy and don't think about what you "might" be missing. Just love what you've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back