closed
Mar 25, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #18 of 25
ah, one can wait along time for a good review :D

I always seem to get distractions. I've got a small review here http://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/audio-technica-ath-ad900x-review/ but I am writing a longer one for here which hasn't finished yet. At least you can read something in the meantime.

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:
I always seem to get distractions. I've got a small review here http://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/audio-technica-ath-ad900x-review/ but I am writing a longer one for here which hasn't finished yet. At least you can read something in the meantime.

nice review there. looking forward to your review and comparison here!

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #20 of 25
Ordered mine today after a listening test at the parisian audio technica store. 

I find them to be different and better than the old ad900 and equal or better than the old ad1000 that I tried simultaneously.

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:
Ordered mine today after a listening test at the parisian audio technica store. 

I find them to be different and better than the old ad900 and equal or better than the old ad1000 that I tried simultaneously.

yeah i listened to them side by side once, and def better than the ad900. i havent heard the ad1000 tho

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #22 of 25
There are some reviews on amazon and here claiming that original AD900 has better treble and wider soundstage, while AD900X has more bass. So which would you recommend for PC gaming and vocal music? I prefer bright clear energetic sound with some aggressiveness and forwardness.

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #23 of 25
  There are some reviews on amazon and here claiming that original AD900 has better treble and wider soundstage, while AD900X has more bass. So which would you recommend for PC gaming and vocal music? I prefer bright clear energetic sound with some aggressiveness and forwardness.

man cant say i remember the difference anymore ^^:: but prob for PC gaming u want a bit of umph at the lower end no?

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #24 of 25
  in the Flagship thread,the ad900 is called a Classical Master.

I think the changes made in the ad900x makes then better at more genres of music,including watching movies/programs. in other words,they should appeal to more people for more uses.

if you prefer brighter,the ad900 is a safer bet. i like lots of treble,mids that are (at least) not too forward but also good bass. the X was a better choice for me with it's noticeable treble sparkle,slight edge in the mids but better bass than none-X.

I sometimes EQ the treble depending on what i'm listening to and quality of same. with a flat EQ,if the recording is bad,it can expose imperfections fairly easily including if there's any sibilance. if it's good quality,i sometimes like to tweak the treble and the sound stage gets even more impressive than it already is. I feed mine extremely well though;i don't care for portables and don't follow any rules.

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #25 of 25
Ordered AD900X, they're easier to get than AD900 which is already end-of-life model.
I believe it will be a better choice for gaming, and if I don't like it for my music (which I doubt), I will get some brighter IEM's for portable use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back