And silly me , i thought you norwegian people were all serious and uptight

Guess not
jecklinsmile.gif

Quote:
Justin is definitly the mailman.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #96 of 135
Jan 14, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #97 of 135
Wow, buff this reminds me of something...

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #99 of 135
buffalowings: Very sorry that you were the victim of a scam, and sorrier still that the guy is in Singapore. Not all Singaporean head-fi'ers enjoy conning people as a pasttime; just ask swbfcheater about the 'phones I mailed over to him.

If I may make one very pedantic correction: it's not racism to be biased against Singaporeans, because Singapore is comprised of many races. You've got a good chance of throwing a stone here and hitting a Singaporean Chinese, but that's just a racial majority thing.

Also about the "Justin Ng" and "Justin and Rinn" resemblance: sorry bub, does not look the same. Notice the hair pattern? Lefty bassist Justin has a pronounced widow's peak, groom Just does not. And anyway a Singaporean who is male, Chinese, has short black hair, and is of average build could fit the bill of nearly any Singaporean male between the ages of 18-35.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #100 of 135
Been to Singapore once, before I got out (of China PRC). Remember them fish statues with lion heads spitting water, and back then it was illegal to chew gum in public.
Wait, Malaysia?

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #101 of 135

Quote:
Been to Singapore once, before I got out (of China PRC). Remember them fish statues with lion heads spitting water, and back then it was illegal to chew gum in public.
Wait, Malaysia?

yeah, laws are very strict (or strictly enforced) in singapore, gum chewing in public was illegal, scamming results in caning and imprisonment (I think there was a recent case where a british guy stole $3000-5000 usd) and drug dealing results in the death penalty (okay, that applies other countries as well)

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #102 of 135
Wow, I know where not to go....sheesh.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #104 of 135
On the other hand, most parts of town here are safe to walk through alone, we have no open bottle laws, the minimum age for drinking is 18 (if you're young enough that it matters), public transport is cheap, fast and reliable, and the food is sublime--both local and international cuisine.

3602: we're not part of Malaysia.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #105 of 135
Long as you don't traffic anything or is seen bringing a 14 years-old into your room, you're fine.
My tourism teacher (yes... a tourism class) told us that in Nepal, if you're busted trafficking smack inside your body (people swallow capsules filled with stuff) and are not able to eject that by yourself, someone down at the station will happily "help" you to eject said capsule. He was non-specific as to how.
Yeah I couldn't remember whether them fish-lion-head statues were in Singapore or Malaysia, because I went to both places (and Thailand) within a week, like a decade and a half ago. I've read the part (history) about your independence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back