Closed or open back headphones for gaming and movies? (see list)
Jan 16, 2020 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

capsilver

New Head-Fier
I'm searching for the one for all headphone where the focus will be single player games (Action/Adventure/RPG) and movies/tv shows (music would be secondary in this case).

I have these in mind:

Open back:

Phillips Fidelio X2: I've tried them and they sound amazing, very wide soundstage and a little bassy. But they are huge for my head. Any smaller alternative out there?

Sennheiser HD 58X: As far as i know they are on par with the Fidelio X2, maybe a little more comfy? But they look big too.

Closed back:

Sennheiser HD 25: The size look perfect, i haven't tried them. But of what i read they deliver quality and have some isolation too. (i live in a very noisy urban zone)

Creative Aurvana Live!: The cheapper of the bunch. I don't know if they are such a monster to compete with the rest of the list.

Bose QC 35 II (Bluetooth): Maybe the only advantage here is the noise isolation and mobility.

My budget no more than $150.

Which one would you pick? If you have any others suggestions you are welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #4 of 4
Interesting. Could you please elaborate a little why?
I thought you have made the list based on things you checked before and those were what you consider, generally speaking the CAL are really good at that price point and are solid entry into good headphones even with their limits.
You could also consider HE4XX which should be also good headphone for the price, you might be able to get extra $20usd of by registering to Drop (will need to activate the coupon).
Personally if that's within your price range go for HE4XX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back