Closed Mobile Headphones Advice
Nov 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TehMusicAzn

New Head-Fier
I just got the Sennheiser HD 598s and I love them!
Only problem is that they leak a lot of sound and aren't really "mobile friendly"

What I am now looking for are closed headphones which are good for listening on the go.

So the two headphones I'm looking at are:
Sennheiser Momentum
B&W P5

Honestly I tried to find accurate first hand information on the momentums, but since they are new i could only find reviews that contradict each other. So if you find a good review on momentums that seem extremely accurate please feel free to post a link to the review below! 

Information on the quality of both headphones would be greatly appreciated.

The type of music i listen to is usually classic rock, electronic, or rock.

Well if you have any other good recommendations for good close headphones(under 400) please list below.

Also if you know if the controls on the headsets are compatible with android please let me know.

Thanks for your help and info! 

P.S.: even if you recommend a different headset can you still put your vote over which of the two I listed is better? Gracias

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 2
I haven't heard the Momentums - you're right that they're very new and somewhat unknown at this point. But I have heard the B&W P5 - they're a nice looking pair of headphones with decent sound. I think the Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 are both better looking and better sounding, but they don't have the ControlTalk widget, and they likely won't survive as much abuse as the P5 (woodies in general aren't as resilient as metal or plastic cans, this doesn't mean they'll come apart, but the wood will likely crack or pit where metal might just scratch).

Some other good options would be the Sennheiser HD380Pro and Koss DJ200 (the DJ200 includes KTC, which is Koss' ControlTalk).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back