-CLOSED- (max) 150$ range IEMs recommendation for Symphonic and Power metal (long)
Nov 5, 2023 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

KaneMaxxx

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

Sorry for the long post,

Can somebody recommend a good IEM max 150 $ range? My current low-end QKZ is about to given up..
My points:
  1. No cheapy plastics (willing to negotiate if the IEM is really good)
  2. No Dac/Amp require to drive
  3. Clean and sensible sub-bass, bass is not leak to other regions and not muddy!
  4. No harsh highs, but clean as it can within the range
I really like the guitar solos (Sabaton, Orden Ogan, Majesty) , and drums (Arch Enemy, Sabaton) want to find something which if i close my eyes just "tell me the story"
Bands/songs i'm listening:
I mainly listen Power Metal | Symphonic | Heavy| Melodic | Death Metal sometimes 5% EDM or Pop.
Mainly looking for a fit to power and Symphonic.
Few examples:
  • Nightwish
  • Lordi
  • Arch Enemy
  • Unleash the Archers
  • Majesty
  • Rhapsody of Fire
  • DragonForce
  • Within Temptation
  • PowerWolf
  • Orden Ogan
  • Children of Bodom
  • Kalmah
  • Axell Rudi Pell
  • Metalite / Amaranthe
  • Brothers of Metal
  • Sabathon
  • Majestica
  • Five Finger Death Punch
  • Gloryhammer
I've browsed tons of articles
  • Head.fi forum
  • Other forums
  • Youtube
  • Facebook groups,
  • Amazon reviews
but when i've found something to fit my taste and requirement, then blocked into walls with product quality (plastic frame demolished shortly, snapped cable, loosing sound on left/right side) or music quality (lack of bass, harsh highs).

What i've found so far as a "recommendation(s)":
Letshuoer 12 pro | Tripowin Mele or x HBB Olina SE 2022 Special Edition | Moondrop Kato | Linsoul SIMGOT EA500 | 7z Sonus | Timeless | Fiio FH3 | BASN Metalen PRO 4 | Moondrop Aria | TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero

These are not written to stone, any other recommendation much appreciated as well.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 6
With the Simgot EA500 and Truthear Zero blue you can't go wrong. You will need an Apple 3.5mm to USB adapter for an extra push of power to avoid frustration which is $9.
I've had a usb to 3.5mm already for my samsung. Which one preferred or suit better? Simgot looks bit more pro + the replaceable nozzles, but more interested in soundwise.

Nov 5, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #4 of 6
I've had a usb to 3.5mm already for my samsung. Which one preferred or suit better? Simgot looks bit more pro + the replaceable nozzles, but more interested in soundwise.
Simgot EN700 Bass << Further on the Simgot line i've found another interesting model.

Nov 5, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #5 of 6
Moondrop Aria. Wait untill 11/11 for the sale.

What you are asking for is difficult without a baseline read on your HRTF. Your requirements don't mean anything without a reference because we all experience sound differently, especially with IEMs.

With this in mind, I recommend the Aria as the starting point. It is a very good baseline IEM to get because it is a solid performer for the cost and it is probably the most widely reviewed IEM by reviewers across youtube/the net. It's also a versatile tuning with a slightly elevated pinna gain region, so it does ok with whatever else you might want to play.

This gives you a point of reference to work with when getting to know reviewers and subsequently your own preferences. It'll also help others understand what you want when you describe your experience with it because a lot of people in this hobby will have at least heard it at one point.

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks guys for all the helpful comments, finally purchased a Letshouer S12. It's 2nd day to listen when had time but sounds pretty good so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back