Closed Headphones: Heat up my Ears..Help
May 15, 2008 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
I ve been using HD205 currently..
Since they are closed & Leather earpads..
when i listen to music for more than 20 mins...my Ear starts Heating up..
it gets all hot inside..

Any way to deal with that or is it a product defect?

May 15, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 16
yoyoyo! that is why I want to avoid completely closed leather earpad headphones...I start sweating and everything!

May 15, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ve been using HD205 currently..
Since they are closed & Leather earpads..
when i listen to music for more than 20 mins...my Ear starts Heating up..
it gets all hot inside..

Any way to deal with that or is it a product defect?

It is a product defect. How long have you had your ears? Maybe you can return or exchange them.

May 15, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by santiclaws /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a product defect. How long have you had your ears? Maybe you can return or exchange them.

biggrin.gif
. Yup, not much anyone can do to help you there...

May 15, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 16
Grados make my ears hot, too.
smily_headphones1.gif
Maybe open, circumaural cans should be your choice of headphones if heat is an issue.

May 15, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by 92135011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yoyoyo! that is why I want to avoid completely closed leather earpad headphones...I start sweating and everything!

So all closed leather types cause sweating in ears?

coz i dont want Open..i use my headphones to do DJing on Internet radio..

May 15, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #7 of 16
For me, form doesnt cause sweating, but leather does. Actually, I don't really know about headphone leather...I'm using the comparison of Ear muffs I used to use on a worksite, which were sort of headphone shaped.

May 15, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #8 of 16
You can try velour pads like Beyers have, but it will probably hurt isolation. Other than that, isolating headphones are hot. I don't imagine in ears would be good for DJing. I think that's the only option for isolation and not overheating your ears.

May 16, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #10 of 16
It's not leather. Its plastic or pleather. Theres only a very few headphones ever to have real leather pads.

As for the ears heating up, you've just put them inside a small enclosed space and your head is responsible for a third of your bodys heat dissipation under normal conditions. Your ears have a large surface area and large blood flow on your head. Do the math.

Also, whats the necessity for closed headphones for internet radio? It's not as through you broadcast internet radio from inside a nightclub.

Jun 5, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #13 of 16
Yeah, so I know that this thread is really, REALLY old, and I do not exactly have a full-size can, but my ears heat up when I use my Denon AH-D1001K.  I can wear it for about an hour at most and then i just cant stand it.  Is there a fix, or rather, are there any headphones that do NOT heat up the ears (circumaural, open vs closed, etc.)?

If not, I will just go straight to IEMs.

Jun 5, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #14 of 16

Quote:
Yeah, so I know that this thread is really, REALLY old, and I do not exactly have a full-size can, but my ears heat up when I use my Denon AH-D1001K.  I can wear it for about an hour at most and then i just cant stand it.  Is there a fix, or rather, are there any headphones that do NOT heat up the ears (circumaural, open vs closed, etc.)?

If not, I will just go straight to IEMs.

Don't sweat it - I once bumped a thread seven years.
tongue.gif

I guess in theory, open headphones would have better circulation, although I can't attest to anything. Besides that, supraaural 'phones that rest on the ears might alleviate this, although one of the posters above says Grados make their ears hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back