Closed headphones for rock and metal?
Jan 27, 2011 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sbaker34

New Head-Fier
I already did some searching but couldn't find a thread that answered everything, I really like how IEMs work for blocking out most noise but I prefer the ease of headphones, most my music is rock and metal  so I want something clear and grado like I really don't want other people to hear my music, I plan to use them in the car a lot and my family does not care for my music.

I here about the m-50s a lot but while I don't care about bass I hear they are not very sharp which I really want. What are my options?

Pricerange is 100-150.

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 6
For 100-150 price range, really you won't do too much better than the M50 or maybe Shure 840, the M50 is a pretty good all round phone and if you haven't heard $1000 headphones they will sound sharp...

They do quite well with music tbh, don't know what else to say, I have a pair here. You can always create the effect of sharpness by EQing off the bass, I find that tends to create the desired results, in most cases anyway.

Jan 27, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 6
HD25s. Stretch your budget and don't look further. Check out the reviews on these babies if you want more details. Suffice to say, they're awesome for metal and rock.

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 6
I've also heard that the Sennheiser's HD25 are good for rock and metal for a closed headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back