Closed Headphone help!!!!
Apr 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

zoink187

New Head-Fier
Hello All,
I have been reading the forums on this site for about a year. I find them to be an excellent reference point. I decided to be a member. I am the owner of two headphones that I have absolutely enjoyed for different reasons but they are very worn and rather dated.  So I am looking for an upgrade. Here is my criteria:

Budget: $140 (that's my absolute ceiling)

Closed headphone (to minimize sound leakage)

Clear and somewhat balanced sound stage across the board  with an emphasis on bass that's not muddy. Tame not harsh highs.

Detachable cable (or at least the option to switch cables) with apple compatibility that can be driven by an ipod and iphone without an extra appliance.

Foldability and/or portability

Nothing over sized like  Senns HD598s but definitely not IEM or ear buds. I am looking for something that I can take on the train with me and maybe use while traveling by airplane and not turning up the volume past 2/3rds as to not disturb my neighbor.

I am not interested in modding any pair of headphones.

I like the sound of Logitech UE 4000, Aiaiai TM-1 DJ, and the Monster Inspiration cans. I would like everyone's input. Thanks.

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 10
Ok. After careful examination, I have realized that that request may have been too general. Here are some specifics:

Logitech UE4000
Ludacris Soul SL150
Koss DJ200
JBL J88i
BlueAnt Embrace

Any Winners?

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 10
Ok. After careful examination, I have realized that that request may have been too general. Here are some specifics:

Logitech UE4000
Ludacris Soul SL150
Koss DJ200
JBL J88i
BlueAnt Embrace

Any Winners?

I got the UE4000s a few weeks ago and really like them. But I haven't heard any of the others on your list so I can't offer any comparisons.

Apr 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #5 of 10
I just use the bag they came with and slide them into my backpack.

Apr 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #6 of 10
If you do get the UEs, try to avoid the temptation to listen to them right out of the box, and run some music through them for 48 hours before you listen to them. They sounded really poor before being broken in - no highs, muddy bass, just not good at all. I listened to a couple of songs and was seriously ready to take them back, but I just let them run in my office for 2 days nonstop, and when i listened again they sounded very nice indeed. All headphones will change with break in, but I think these had the biggest improvement of any headphones I've ever owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back