Closed Grado SR 225.
Jun 11, 2011 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

CABILLAS

Member of the Trade
I´m going to made it, you know someone who did it well?, not simpli closing the back. I thik in made a similar of subwofer.

Greetings from Spain.

Jun 11, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #3 of 13
Your ideas really intrigue me.  Ideally, in subwoofer building, some sort of box calculation software is utilized with the TS parameters of the driver.  This allows for proper port calculation to get the ideal amount of bass.  Needless to say, Grado wouldn't release their TS parms on their drivers - or, they wouldn't have them available.  When it comes to your situation, it seems as though a trial and effort case might be in order.  I'd look at it as it might more than one attempt to get it right.  I'll be interested to see what you come up with - very interested.

Jun 19, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 13
Thanks, i am working on this with a particular cheap headphone and sr80 drivers:
http://www.auriculares.org/foro/index.php/topic,5531.msg65286/topicseen.html#msg65286
Frankenstein Proyect:
Frankenstein has taken a life!, I've got my fellow drivers 80i sr degree, of course. I did as a test, but after several days the result I like, not that it is definitive, but these "ports" as they Torpedo says that the thing goes wrong. In principle, if the outlet covers back of a degree with hands the resulting sound is catastrophic, but it feels that having an opening which is larger or smaller is not so much.

As you can see the Pro2 have an echo chamber closed after the driver, such as 201 and many other enclosed or semi. The funny thing is that they reduce the size of the camera on purpose, that gives more serious, more sound but it seems more confusing too, I have to try to remove the round piece to increase the black box.
The assembly has been committed, the original driver (bottom) leaves a gap of 40mm almost perfect grade for a bit even conceding only three snakes put blu-tak. The cable is Mogami 2893.

The Pro2 is the most comfortable headset I've had in my life are huge, half pads hug your head very gently and the band is well padded. Cancellation is good.
The original sound, I do not know how to qualify ... oh yes, bad, serious small, distant voices and treble kill yourself! This compared with grade I said bad, not bad (hey, worth 25 €).
With the degree drivers, everything changes, is a warm and forgiving type sound source to whatever you want. All right, but lacks the degree of naturalness open back and maybe a little muddled.

The test is promising, increasing the stability of the camera and the driver in the enclosure can get a correct sound the least. Clear that before designing the site I have to have the final drivers.

Greetings from Spain.

Jul 13, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #5 of 13
I found a perfect cup in a chinesse shop. It is a little dish for snacks, 3 sells costs 2€. I only have to drill and paste.

This is only to test the sound, the wood is bad. The sound isnt good too. I´m going to reduce the internal size. In all close models is like this.
The big internal size made the sound resonance and dark. It surprise me.

Here you have an example:

I´ll try soon.
Greetings from Spain.

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #7 of 13
I'm loving this. I've always wondered what a closed grado would sound like, and leave it to Cabillas to find out! 
atsmile.gif
 Good luck (and don't finish too fast, my impulse buying might come in >_>)

Jul 14, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #8 of 13

INSPIRATION.

Thanks, but do not pick up headphones or sell these parts or headphones, but I can help you if you want to do the same.

Greetings from San Fermines.

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #9 of 13
I got the sound!.
biggrin.gif
. I have reduced the size of the cup, like the closed models, it is the solution. Perfect sound, now i have to order a beatiful complete wood body.

Jul 19, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #10 of 13
Oh my goodness! I'm very curious to see how these sound. There are so many threads about which headphones have the most "Grado-like" sound in a closed design, leave it up to Cabillas to actually just close a Grado. Kudos! 

Jul 19, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
I got the sound!.
biggrin.gif
. I have reduced the size of the cup, like the closed models, it is the solution. Perfect sound, now i have to order a beatiful complete wood body.

Man... we need you need you to share more info! When you mean you got the sound, is it really sounding like a closed Grado... or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back