closed flat response headphones for studio duties
Dec 6, 2012 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

salomonander

New Head-Fier
hey
im new to this forum so first of all hello.
i bought a pair of beyer dt770 pro and im very unhappy with the results (i'll return them tomorrow). they sound totally hyped, show no mids and i simply cant work with them at all.
im searching for the flattest closed heaphones available now. my speakers K&H o300 are rather honest and flat in response and i need something that is at least somewhat similar.
the beyers sound as if someone cranked the lows and highs all the way and notched all mid.

please help. thanks
jakob

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 7
ps: i need good isolation im afraid - my mics are rather sensitive. i know what im searching for probably isnt possible technically but maybe there is something more honest than these dreadful beyers.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 7
AKG soundstage is pretty neutral. What about the AKG K271 MKII or AKG K601, Not listing K701 as K601 is -the- same just more mild on the soundstage.

p.s: as for mic sensitivity I found lowering the audio pickup to +0 and then 30//100 and getting gain on the mic itself to 10% actually comes out quite clear without picking up everything (In Cardiod mode) though I use a SM57 and Blue Yeti Pro.... idk what you use.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 7
Hey Lily

these K601 (just telling from the frequency response) look pretty darn good! i will give them a try.
regarding your question: my main mics (for vocals duties) are vintage neuman m49 and u67.

thanks

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Hey Lily

these K601 (just telling from the frequency response) look pretty darn good! i will give them a try.
regarding your question: my main mics (for vocals duties) are vintage neuman m49 and u67.

thanks

They are Semi-open, just a heads up. But for completely neutral they are nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back