Closed cans w/ the tightest bass for bass practicing < $399 ?
Jun 15, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #32 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh0eBoX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that price is actually with shipping and everything, Larry does not add a separate shipping charge on top of all the mods.

I believe he does for international orders.

Jul 5, 2007 at 9:35 AM Post #35 of 55
Definitely, hands-down, the Proline 750's.

Just give them the proper (>150hrs) of break-in before your final judgement. You will be rewarded.

Jul 5, 2007 at 9:54 AM Post #37 of 55
Howabout wood HD650s? They seem very live with bass, they are open, but can easily become closed.

Jul 5, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #38 of 55
Hi Julien, I'm a bass player too.
Why not the KOSS PRO4AA or PRO4AAT ?
IMHO, it meets all your expectations except, perhaps, the comfort as
it's on the heavy side...
They are designed with studio use in mind, The clamping is really high
and it will be difficult to find a better isolation.
The sound is clear and accurate and believe me, bass is great both in terms
of presence and definition.
They are strongly built, particularly the PRO4AA.
And, at last, with your budget, you can buy one for each day of the week !

Michel.

Jul 5, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #40 of 55
Proline 750 bass is insanely deep and loud. Not a product of midbass bump, but loud subbass bump. Its quite detailed down there too, but overall power tends to cover mids and highs slightly. But for bass listening, they are about perfect.

Their wierd presention of sound (due to offset drivers) give impression of colored and distant sound at first, but listening beyond that its actually very dry and cold headphone, neutral even if it wouldnt be for the loud subbass and bit veiled lower mids. I dont hear any boosted sibilance nor pierciness which some have reported. They arent as sharp in highs as DT-990 '05 nor Grados thats for sure.

Bass players delight IMO, though cant be sure cuz Im not bass player.

Equation Audio RP-21 is getting very good reviews and is a designed to be studio headphone. It also should have very good and noticeable, but not overblown bass.

Jul 5, 2007 at 2:28 PM Post #42 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MaZa, how much does the 750 isolate ?

It muffles outside noises, but not as well as some bigger closed headphones. When not playing music, I can hear my computer fans, barely. Its a closed can and you can feel and hear it the moment when putting them on. Damn man, how can one even describe in words such a thing as amount of isolation.
plainface.gif

Jul 5, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #44 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, It's simple, how much dB is your computer fan ?

I have no idea. Too loud in my opinion! Main source of the noise is my old Club 3D 6800GT graphics card stock cooling, but its cooling is soon to be replaced with Arctic Silencer cooling. PSU and case fans are quite silent, cant hear them at all from with Prolines on I think.

*edit* Yup, just tested. Turned the graphics card fan off in Ntune control panel for few seconds, and all I heard was... silence.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back