Closed cans upgrade
Dec 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

moonshake

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I´ve been away from headphone / hifi community for some time and was experiencing some gear adquisition syndrome during these days.
Usually using K271 with velour pads with good results as a help tool when I can´t use my studio monitors for mixing (also use K701 for sub bass (40hz) and sibilance double checking now and then)

To my ears, K271 sounds pretty balanced/natural out from the Heed Canamp and Audio GD NFB3 DAC with DIR9001 chip

I was now thinking about the Alpha Dogs and or something a bit more engaging for music listening than my actual AKG´s. Will the Alpha´s match well with the Canamp? - I wonder if there´s still people using this amp -
Any other cans you may recommend for this amp?
My Budget is about 500€ top

Open to other ideas too

Thanks in advance!

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #3 of 7
  You might look into the Beyerdynamic DT150's.  Search for the specific thread on these here on Head-Fi, buy from Amazon or wherever you can return in case you don't like what you hear.  

Merry Christmas !

Dec 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #5 of 7
Great idea about the Beyers, I can order them from Amazon, yeah. They seem to be build like a tank. May they pair well with the Canamp?

Yeah, it's good to know one can purchase just about any part of a phone from the manufacturer for replacement. I don't have any experience with the canamp and can't help with this question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back