Closed back headphones for gaming and music under 50$
Feb 3, 2019 at 6:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Grimperson

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for closed back headphones with good quality sound and isolation because i have a roommate and I would like to bring them to library from time to time. I listen to rock, pop and metal. I mostly play CS:GO and overwatch (so i need to hear footsteps). I have motherboard with Realtek ALC887.
I was thinking about HyperX Cloud Stinger but I've heard that buying headphones and adding a microphone is a better solution.
Do you have any recommendations?

Feb 3, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #2 of 7
With buying an add-on mic, along with headphones, your going to go over $50.

Feb 3, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #6 of 7
From Superlux I found HD662 EVO(they are not available atm) and HD669(seem to be uncomfortable). I also found Samson SR950, ATH-M20x and AKG K72 maybe one of these can by good for games?
I would consider the Samson SR950 a relabeled Superlux and a good bang for the buck headphone.

Feb 3, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #7 of 7
I enjoyed my time with the CB-1 while I owned one. It’s a few dollars more than $50 but it goes on sale often. And Status has a cheap but decent mic cable they offer with the CB-1 for around $5. I don’t know how that headphone compares to the Audio-Technica M series in the same price range but at least the cable connector is a standard 3.5mm plug and not proprietary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back