Clip+ with Rockbox still not as great as Cowon D2, so which Cowon?
Oct 21, 2010 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

metllicamilitia

100+ Head-Fier
All right, got tired of trying to figure out parametric EQ's and started using my broken screen D2, so I want to know which Cowon I should get, the O2 or V5? I am looking at 16GB players and will be getting at least a 16GB SD card preferably a 32GB so I can put all my music into at least 320kbs but preferably FLAC. I will be using the Sleek SA6R's when Sound Earphones gets them in and ships them, but for right now I'm using Klipsch S4's. Basically I want to know if either sounds as great or better than the D2. And then of course which is easiest to use. I'm sure both are great players, I'm just not sure which is the better of the two (I know it's different for everybody). I will be selling my Clip+ to help get some of the money to pay for the new player and SD card. I may sell my SD card to get some cash as well (8GB not a lot more). Again, your help is greatly appreciated. Speed is not a necessity on this reply since I won't be buying them for at least a week when I get paid again.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 9
After 2 horrible experiences with Cowon America's customer service (X5L and a D2), I think I'll send my money in the general direction of another company.

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #6 of 9
I'll have to take a look at the J3 again, not sure why I didn't mention it, price may have been the reason. But since a truck decided to run into my car it'll be a while before I get a new player.

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #7 of 9
I have a Cowon D for the past four years and I also have a D2+ since 2010 and neither had a problem except I had to reformat it.

Quote:
I'll have to take a look at the J3 again, not sure why I didn't mention it, price may have been the reason. But since a truck decided to run into my car it'll be a while before I get a new player.

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #8 of 9
I was a little skeptical of the J3, but once I got mine...Wow. I really love it. EQ options are great, I love the interface choices (widgets, icons, or list). I like the list view the most myself (reminds me of the Zune interface).

The interface is a little weird at first, but I've gotten used to it now. Micro SD support doubles your memory for cheap (I'm running 16 + 16). Size and shape are perfect for an amp, too. It's just a great, solid player. Totally a Cowon fan now. Oh, and you don't need software to sync it. (Yay!)

EDIT: I think it's a much better size than say, an iPod Touch, which seems to be a little huge compared to most portable low profile amps.
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back