Clip+ Sound Quality, really??
Apr 21, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #121 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone really needs to do a comparison between dynamic and balanced armature IEMs out of the clip. When I had my Clip V1, it sounded thin and grainy out of my Denon C700. I have the Triple.fi 10 Pro now, but my clip fried itself before I could listen to it with them.

Also, I find it hard to beleive that the clip can drive most full size cans. I plugged my Denon D1000 into mine and it was extremely thin. It wasn't even worth listening to IMHO. My Sony A818 drives these cans extremely well as does almost any other source, but the Clip sounded weak and strained.

Are you a basshead? I found the D1001 very decent out of the Clip, just lacking a bit of bass impact compared to a more powerful DAP (Vaio Pocket). On the other side some Sony DAPs are known to be boosted in the lows.
As for the BA vs dynamic comparison, the PFEs & the RE0s were very close out of the Clip, with even better mids (more body) coming from the RE0s. None of them sounded really better out of my Vaio Pocket.

Apr 21, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #122 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like you've found a good use for them, at least during workouts. You're correct in the assumption that I didn't read the rest of the thread, precisely because arguing that 26$ doesn't get you "audiophile" quality for 8 pages seems... trivial. As for sounding "thin" or lacking in "body", those adjectives speak of personal preferences in frequency response which can be satisfied by judicious application of eq. Reminds me of a thread where someone complained that their Clip was a fifth of a semitone flat.

Nonetheless, I owe you thanks for inspiring me to listen to OK Go's first and only good hit
wink.gif

Lacking body and resolution is a matter of personal preference? Some of you are really hung up of freq resp curves. It appears we have another 'audiophile' espousing flat response curves being the be all end all of audio dynamics. The number of times I've heard someone claim they can EQ a speaker to sound like another is unfathomable. Feel free to link me the EQ adjustments that add resolution to the whole frequency spectrum. The fact that some here keep focusing on Bass or EQ clearly demonstrates a lack of understanding of what some of us AREN'T hearing. This thread was a discussion about the Clip+ being a focused SQ player as many have espoused, not whether its a bargain purchase. EQ is a treatment, not a cure. I apologize for this 'trivial' thread and consuming your precious time which should have clearly been directed toward more important threads or perhaps other long forgotten songs.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #123 of 179
the clip+ IS audiophile quality imo, as how much a portable can get.
maybe except the hifiman which is huge and cost 600$,the clip+ is the best sounding player i heard to date. it is also a matter of taste...if somebody likes coloured sound he may prefer the cowon players which have probably the best eq enhancements on the market, but for the purist the clip+ is really amazing. it is also for people that cares only about the music and nothing else....no videos,nothing. even the gui is s*** so you can't play with it,only listen to your favourite songs
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #124 of 179
I like it for its simplicity, best sound? Price/product= big yes. With the right set up you could make a better portable DAP system.

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #125 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the clip+ IS audiophile quality imo, as how much a portable can get.
maybe except the hifiman which is huge and cost 600$,the clip+ is the best sounding player i heard to date. it is also a matter of taste...if somebody likes coloured sound he may prefer the cowon players which have probably the best eq enhancements on the market, but for the purist the clip+ is really amazing. it is also for people that cares only about the music and nothing else....no videos,nothing. even the gui is s*** so you can't play with it,only listen to your favourite songs
bigsmile_face.gif

You should listen to the s:flo2/T51 sometime.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #126 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a Clip+ the other week, and proceeded to sell it within a few days. Sounded ok I guess, but it was annoyingly tiny and the buttons and interface pissed me right off. Man, I love my solid 160gb Ipod even more now. Who really needs a device so small you require an electron microscope to find it and can only hold about 1 flac song or something? Do me a favour.

I hear ya

Last year I bought this swiss army Knife. All I've ever heard was how great this Swiss Army Knife was.

well let me tell you. When it came in the mail, It was soo small. I mean this is a small knife. I tried cutting my steak with it and it was a nightmare. Who needs a knife that small. So I sent it back.

Who want's a knife that small, you can't even cut a steak with it.

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #127 of 179
I'm sorry but I don't see what a small knife that you can't cut steak with has anything to do with the Clip+ besides being small.
Just because it is small doesn't mean it can't perform.

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #129 of 179
Okay..... I will reaffirm what everyone here has been arguing over. The Clip+ does an extremely good job with BAs - it is definently audiphile worthy, but NOT with dynamics... in fact, it's exactly as everyone else has been saying - THIN!!!!!!!!!!

Now... WHAT WILL DRIVE MY MONSTER MDS????? THE J3??????? Arghhh, haha - the search continues.

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #130 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hero Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry but I don't see what a small knife that you can't cut steak with has anything to do with the Clip+ besides being small.
Just because it is small doesn't mean it can't perform.

I was being sarcastic. The guy bought the clip and then was shocked and disapointed that it was small so he returned it.

I was making a sarcastic ananlogy of the swiss knife because anyone who would do even the smallest ounce of research would know that a swiss knife is small.

I love the clip+ it's a fantastic player

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #131 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I think that's what he's getting at. Something that small can't hold it's own with bigger, "better" devices.

actually no, but we people in the marketing and advertising business just love it though when people fall into that mentality

Bigger better

more expensive = better.

it just makes our jobs so much easier
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #133 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by boswd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually no, but we people in the marketing and advertising business just love it though when people fall into that mentality

Bigger better

more expensive = better.

bigsmile_face.gif

How many iPads have they sold? LOLOL!!

Apr 22, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #134 of 179
Quote:

I was being sarcastic.

Jeez I totally missed that sarcasm. In my defense sarcasm is next to undetectable on the internet, especially when you don't know the poster.
I'm glad you picked up on the irony of Bennyboy71's post. *shakes head in disbelief

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #135 of 179
Quote:

Bigger better

more expensive = better.

bigsmile_face.gif

I can't say that i am not from those who also think like that sometimes...but i was shocked from the clip+,it has totally explode the illusion of bigger and more expensive=better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back