Clip+ Sound Quality, really??
Apr 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #152 of 179
Apr 27, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #153 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone answer these two questions?

1) Does the Clip+ support 32 GB expansion memory? I've read contradictory statements.
2) Can you apply the shuffle function to both on-board and external memory at the same time – to have full 24 (or better 40) GB covered by the shuffle mode?

I'm sure that there are a few users who could answer this question from personal experience.

Apr 27, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #154 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure that there are a few users who could answer this question from personal experience.

Yes, you can shuffle across int/ext memory.

Music->"Play All" pulls all available music from internal and card memory.

Apr 27, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #155 of 179
Hey, thanks!
normal_smile .gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #156 of 179
A little off topic, but which micro SD card do you all use with this? There are some SanDisk 16GB cards for $35, but reviews have said it has a high fail rate, and one customer said it might even be fake, so I'm trying to find a good 16GB card at a reasonable price...thanks!

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #157 of 179
I'm waiting for this one. (Don't have the player yet.)

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #158 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by usf09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A little off topic, but which micro SD card do you all use with this? There are some SanDisk 16GB cards for $35, but reviews have said it has a high fail rate, and one customer said it might even be fake, so I'm trying to find a good 16GB card at a reasonable price...thanks!

59.99 shipped may not qualify as reasonable to you, but if you don't want to wait, this Class 6 card is a solid choice: Newegg.com - A-DATA 16GB Micro SDHC Class 6 Flash Card with SD adaptor Model MicroSDHC CL6 16G SD ADT

I was a little leery about trying an A-data card at first (some of their cards get reviewed as having poor quality) yet I've had it for almost a year now and it's been great. Worth noting: it takes about 35-40 minutes to fill up the 14.9gb usable space using an external reader...I would hate to go class 2 with a card of this size and wait around while it fills up.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #159 of 179
Ah thanks, yeah $60 is reasonable as long as it works well. Kind of sucks to double the cost of the Clip+, so might have to go with 8GB and cut some stuff...but we shall see..thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #160 of 179
Quote:

I got my sandisk 8gb card from ebay for (IIRC) $20AU.

Possibly a fake, but it works just fine, and for the money, I can afford to have it die. I think they (too old a transaction to find out the seller) were selling 32gb for 40-50.

It's a music player, so I can't think of any reason why there'd be a need for fast cards... as long as it stores data and works, you should be fine (fakes included).

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #161 of 179
Quote:

Ah thanks, yeah $60 is reasonable as long as it works well. Kind of sucks to double the cost of the Clip+, so might have to go with 8GB and cut some stuff...but we shall see..thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated

NP. Great to have the extra space if you can afford it, seeing so much music there using folder-browsing with rockbox has definitely been worth it to me.

Quote:

It's a music player, so I can't think of any reason why there'd be a need for fast cards... as long as it stores data and works, you should be fine (fakes included).

35 minutes or so using Class 6 is already a relatively long time when it comes to wanting to fill my 16gb card with all new music. Real-world may be longer or shorter, but going by Class speed, I'd hate to wait 1 hour and 40 minutes+ using a card rated @ Class 2.

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #163 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrist-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
35 minutes or so using Class 6 is already a relatively long time when it comes to wanting to fill my 16gb card with all new music. Real-world may be longer or shorter, but going by Class speed, I'd hate to wait 1 hour and 40 minutes+ using a card rated @ Class 2.

Ah, that'd be my problem, I don't have enough music to fill my current 10 gigs...
frown.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #164 of 179
What would people say it was like with 320 kbps MP3 (converted on slow/high quality from FLAC)?

I'm waiting on a Neutrik plug for my TripleFi and I don't have any other IEMs (I don't want to test with full-sized headphones).

Apr 28, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #165 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrist-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NP. Great to have the extra space if you can afford it, seeing so much music there using folder-browsing with rockbox has definitely been worth it to me.

Not too different to iPod speeds.

It's quicker if you use fewer, larger files from my experience (as you'd expect).

Class 6 is worth maybe $5 - $10 on top, as it's not necessarily hugely quicker than Class 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back