Clip+ Sound Quality, really??
Apr 16, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #92 of 179
I don't believe that amp would change general sound or add more bass. it will just amplifiy the same signal already coming from the clip+,very sensitive IEM's will not benefit much from an amp.
the clip+ already have very nice bass to it,very accurate. I know because i compared it to my headroom ultra micro stack with the RS1 and the clip had a touch more bass. believe me...if it suceeded in puting bass response in my RS1 than it has more than enough for other headphones.
the clip is very neutral sounding so it is for audiophile that really love that kind of sound. it also takes time getting used to it if you are coming from a heavily EQ'ed dap.

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #93 of 179
I found the Fiio E5 made the music sound more bassy through my HD428. I prefer to not use the Fiio E5 for I like the sound as it is. The RP-HTX7 is quite bassy so there is more bass anyway.

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #94 of 179
I guess this thread is probably a good place to ask the following question:

Still on the fence between the Clip+ and the S:Flo2....

If I get the Clip+ and pair it to set of AD700's, is the Clip+ powerful enough to drive the AD700's? (My benchmark for SQ will be classical, jazz, and vocal)

Apr 16, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #95 of 179
^ I would use more detail oriented IEMs with the clip. The music sounds very detailed and clean but it lacks in the lower end. Mostly depends on the song and whether or not I'm using the equalizer.

Apr 19, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #97 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess this thread is probably a good place to ask the following question:

Still on the fence between the Clip+ and the S:Flo2....

If I get the Clip+ and pair it to set of AD700's, is the Clip+ powerful enough to drive the AD700's? (My benchmark for SQ will be classical, jazz, and vocal)

The Clip used to drive my AD900 very well, no bass roll off and amazing detail & soundstage! It didn't sound better out of my Vaio Pocket which has more power (than the Clip) and sounds better than the s:flo to my ears...

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #98 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I would use more detail oriented IEMs with the clip. The music sounds very detailed and clean but it lacks in the lower end. Mostly depends on the song and whether or not I'm using the equalizer.

What are you talking about? The clip has a very linear response. In other words it's neutral, neither adding nor subtracting from the sound. It is certainly one of the better players on the market.

Sansa clip RMAA
^Notice the nice linear response?

Apr 19, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #99 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by JxK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you talking about? The clip has a very linear response. In other words it's neutral, neither adding nor subtracting from the sound. It is certainly one of the better players on the market.

Sansa clip RMAA

OH MY GOD! ...what a beautiful straghit line.
anyway, I don't have the older clip but only the new version and it has great bass output...and i am a hardcore basshead nevertheless. it is full and punchy and right on the spot for me. but they say that the new version is a tiny bit warmer than the old version.

I compared the clip+ to my headroom ultra micro stack and the clip+ sound almost as good but only less refined. it also has a tiny bit more bass, so probably it is on the warm side of neutral. although i prefer it like this.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #100 of 179
Quote:

Sansa clip RMAA

I was referring to the fact that it doesn't have enough power output. The music doesn't sound as full out of that player in relation to the s:flo2. I know it's linear and sounds great, but it just needs a little more power (which is obvious considering its size).

I'm only going by what I hear man.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #101 of 179
Ah, I won't dispute the fact that the clip doesn't have the world's strongest internal amp. Although I do seem to remember dfkt saying his clip was powerful enough to properly drive his HD650 without any audible problems, even though they were quieter than he preferred.
wink.gif

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #102 of 179
Quote:

Ah, I won't dispute the fact that the clip doesn't have the world's strongest internal amp. Although I do seem to remember dfkt saying his clip was powerful enough to properly drive his HD650 without any audible problems, even though they were quieter than he preferred.
wink.gif

MMM...I am getting hard time to believe that the clip can handle the hd650 properly,but i can't dispute that until i try it for myself. although that fact that it has no sufficient volume probably indicate the fact that it doesn't drive the senns properly.
anyway,if it could drive the HD650 sufficiently it will not only be the best player ever,it will be a perfect match for them regarding sound signature.

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #103 of 179
Ah, alright. I have read a lot of what dfkt has to say and I have a lot of respect for him and what he says.

Just to clarify though, I'm not saying the CLip+ isn't a good player or sounds bad in any way, I was just saying that IMO, I wish it had a little more power for my tastes. I love the thing to death and I'm listening to it right now
smily_headphones1.gif

I might be improperly attributing its sound signature to power however. Meh, I'll know in a couple of days when my amp comes in.

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #104 of 179
it is ofcourse a matter of taste,but the clip+ has enough power for me with the pk2 and also with the RS1. it sounds more powerful than the cowon D2,probably because it has more bass punch to it.

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #105 of 179
^I would have to agree with you on that one; the Clip+ does have some bass to it. I was messing around listening to some hip hop with my phones (normally I only listen to that in the car or at home on the speakers) but I EQed that bass and treble up and got some satisfying bass
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back