Classical Contemporary Music Thread
Mar 22, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #182 of 454
Recently discovered Ivan Wyschnegradsky...quarter tone piano!!! Superb, interesting, meaningful and different.

Isang yun, fascinating combinations of instruments, always engaging, polytonal and atonal.

Sofia gubaidulina. Simply the most brilliant and important classical composer from the former soviet region since Shostakovich.

Galina ustvolskya. Russian angst. Powerful, deep, disturbing, even frightening at times.

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #183 of 454
Recently discovered Ivan Wyschnegradsky...quarter tone piano!!! Superb, interesting, meaningful and different.

Isang yun, fascinating combinations of instruments, always engaging, polytonal and atonal.

Sofia gubaidulina. Simply the most brilliant and important classical composer from the former soviet region since Shostakovich.

Galina ustvolskya. Russian angst. Powerful, deep, disturbing, even frightening at times.

Please post video (youtube or vimeo) more specific and personal 
smile.gif
I promise I profit nothing between the 2 or other....

!!!!!

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #188 of 454
Has anyone here listened to much recordings from the NEOS label? I came across a few of their recordings by chance, and they seemed interesting.

I have this set on my wishlist. Being released later this month I believe. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01C10T0ZC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2GT87MUD8JEYT&coliid=I2Q9BR0D7JRXL3

The intimacy of ensemble works appeal to me, particularly if I am wishing to dip my toes in new composers who I am not too familiar with..

I'm never gonna get laid hanging out in this thread....

deadhorse.gif

Let's be fair, none of us are getting laid by hanging around in any thread, let alone this one..

YMMV?

Apr 22, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #189 of 454
  Has anyone here listened to much recordings from the NEOS label? I came across a few of their recordings by chance, and they seemed interesting.

NEOS is a very interesting label indeed.

NEOS and Kairos may be the two most adventurous labels of uncrompomising releases of contemporary music in the market today IMO.

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #190 of 454

I have this set on my wishlist. Being released later this month I believe. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01C10T0ZC/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2GT87MUD8JEYT&coliid=I2Q9BR0D7JRXL3

The intimacy of ensemble works appeal to me, particularly if I am wishing to dip my toes in new composers who I am not too familiar with..

Let's be fair, none of us are getting laid by hanging around in any thread, let alone this one..

YMMV?

The question mark after your comment has left me thinking a good bit about which part of the entire comment "YMMV?" pertains.

Hopefully the good part (s)  
bigsmile_face.gif
 !!!!!
Wherever they may lay....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back