Citypulse EF3.01
Jun 29, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 14
EF-3.01 is the first headphone amplifier of Citypulse Electron co., ltd. Designer of EF-3.01 match Hi-fi concept to PC field, which be more and more popular in the world, EF-3.01 is a headphone amplifier with individuation and fashion. 21 century is a new generation, people like individuation and personal space, EF-3.01 design circuit and appearance independently by our engineers, it use the double-face gilded plugboard, and double mini shielded ring model transformer, in the center of transformer, we use epoxy resin adhesive to fixed for reducing shake of transformer and cooling, down-lead of the transformer are enamelled wire and cover TEFLON to reduce wasting; the power supply of EF-3.01 is elaborately designed by designer, it use two module which cover with aluminum alloy and fixed on the plugboard by epoxy resin adhesive, as super power supply of EF-3.01, they steadily press power to the amplifier. The mini sizes make it easy to placed it in the personal space or computer room. On the base of them, designer put the orthodox Hi-Fi into EF-3.01, Aluminium alloy board elaborate design by CNC, shows the good quality and the tidy design, the fanciers can fully enjoy the funny of DIY, is a really individuated PC Hi-Fi center machine.

Specialty
·EF-3.01 use 24K gilt for input and output RCA terminal.
·EF-3.01 is not only headphone amplifier but also a preamp.
·There is a single circuitry for headphone amplifier, use many Hi-Fi electronic stuff, as: “WIMA”, “EVOX”,”RUBYCON” etc, so it can catch Hi-Fi level.
·With remote control and volume adjust, make the users use EF-3.01 easily.
·The mini sizes make it easy to placed it in the personal space or computer room.

Guide
EF-3.01 set the anchor point of individuated Hi-Fi and PC multimedia audio field, is a luxury PC stereo audio-frequency decoder and individuated Hi-Fi amplifier ( it is a perfect match that with HD600 of SENNHEISER), the original intention of development is making the music of computer system catch the effect of Hi-Fi sound, it is a Hi-Fi center machine that can relax pressure of the urbanite.

Input Level: 1.0V

Audio Input Impedance: 100KOhm

Audio Output Impedance: 100KOhm

S/N: 102dB

Dynamic range: 111dB

THD: 0.015%

Frequency Response: 10-60KHz(±1.5dB)

Earphone Impedance: 32-600 ohm

Power Supply: AC 230/150V (±10%) 50/60Hz

Max Power Dissipation: 60W

Dimension: 250×280×62mm

N. Weight: 4.0kg

Piece: 370X410X110MM

Jun 29, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 14
What's going on in this thread?
blink.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #5 of 14
Now that I looked at it. This looks interesting. Black gates, socketed op-amps...

Their English on their site is really very poor, though. I wouldn't be the first to deal with a new Chinese company.

Jun 30, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #7 of 14
A buddy of mine has the DAC and really likes it. He's an audiophile but not a big-time headphone listener.

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #13 of 14
Sorry, guys, but I had to dig this up - Coem have dropped the price on this thing for Xmas, but what struck me is how unloved it has been here on Head-Fi, when it seems that every new Chinese amp gets a flurry of initial attention. Folk seem to like the DACs Citypulse put together, from my brief search, but the HPA is about as popular as typhoid. The thread where some lost soul tries in vain to sell his amp is mournful - you can almost hear the crickets chirping ......

Beware the amp that doesnt even gain a following on Head-Fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Citypulse EF-3.01

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #14 of 14
I'm the guy who bought the amp in that thread. It's certainly a fair alternative to an X-CAN V3 amp, and fairly similar with my cans. I'll be rolling the op-amps in it as it was sold broken (dodgy volume pot, bust right channel), and I've only just got round to getting Zaphod to repair it (original owner disappeared after saying he'd research volume pots for it).

Warnings:

The Aussie Citypulse dealer won't supply spares for overseas-bought amps or kits.
The Citypulse website email address bounces.

This is a neutral, fairly falt curved amp and provides a decent level of output. I think it'd really shine with better 'phones, and I'm looking at new ones (high-end AKG's to test with it). I'll look at getting a different amp once the headphones are in place, as despite the sound being fairly pleasant and detailed, it didn't seem to have any drive or musicality to me. It might be because I'm used to more musical systems which engage the listener - and my setup doesn't. I think with BeyerDynamic or Sennheiser cans the amp would be a better match, but it's well worth buying in the <$400 category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back