Cincinnati meet November 20. Audio GD Ref. 7 & LCD-2 avail. (loan program)
Nov 13, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #92 of 112
I'll bring my camera as well

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #95 of 112
I have them in the sauna storage and I have not even opened the box yet. After dinner I do plan on getting familiar with these beauties. Genesis, Pink Floyd, C,S,N&Y, Supertramp with a shot or two of Appleton Estates finest.

Thank you Jeff for the opportunity to hear these.

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #96 of 112

Quote:
I have them in the sauna storage and I have not even opened the box yet. After dinner I do plan on getting familiar with these beauties. Genesis, Pink Floyd, C,S,N&Y, Supertramp with a shot or two of Appleton Estates finest.

Having personally listened to some of your equipment, and knowing what sort of music that you like based on using your laptop, I think that your opinion about these will be most helpful.

Do you have everything lined up with the guys to get the Ref 7 for the meet?

If I had time I would really like to be there.  

Nov 14, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #97 of 112
Quote:

JUST ENJOY THEM, DAVID...You've done so much already in pulling all the pieces together for our meet.......Once again,
ENJOY You Time Alone with them, then I can rack your brain for info sat......see you...duke

Nov 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #98 of 112
Initial impression is HD 650 flavor with beautiful clarity and serious bass. Will pair nicely with digital sources. The soundstage is more RS-1 than K701.

This is the first time that (IMO) something comes close to the HE-60 without going stat with the prat of a Grado.

Comfort wise, they feel like a helmet. Doc Hamm would not approve.

Not a genre that shows weakness. 50-60s vocals are a real treat. Massive signal dynamics are kept clear and distortion free. Holiday organs are strong and sustain is level without loss of energy.

Can't wait to piece these with the REF 7.

Nov 15, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #99 of 112
David,
Thanks for the impressions. They sound like very interesting headphones and with your description it is very easy to imagine how these sound.
I'm really looking forward to giving these a try on Saturday.  
Do you have any last minute requests for the meet?
Cheers,
Tom

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #100 of 112
Heyas all! I just caught up with this meet/thread. Not sure if I can make it on Saturday. I have to be somewhere in the morning and have no idea how long it will take, but I will try to make it for the afternoon. I won't be able to bring much but I'll try to drag along my Shanling, Alessandros and whatever else I can cram in my pockets. Been too long since I've made it to a meet so hopefully I'll get there!

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #101 of 112
The Reference 7 has arrived.

I think I will get in some listening later tonight. Next week I'm going to put the GD in some killer speaker rigs against a Meridian & Cary cdp & Benchmark dac.

Nov 18, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #102 of 112
Awesome! Will you have time to listen before the meet? You are one lucky guy to have both the LCD-2's and the ref 7 in house!!!
Enjoy!

Nov 18, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #103 of 112
is anyone bringing a ballanced amp to used with them? i know bubu youve got headroom one, i was just curious about any others too for listening to the ref7 with the lcd-2's, though i guess they may not be balanced cables on the lcd-2's...hadnt even thought of that lo

Nov 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #104 of 112
I am bringing my balanced woo wa22. Unfortunately, downsize is still working on the cables, so I won't have them or a source (I may scrounge upan old and cheap sony sacd player).

If anyone has some old sources laying around (or balanced interconnects) please feel free to bring them.
etysmile.gif

Nov 18, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #105 of 112
I've got two sets of balanced interconnects that I will bring; one from the cable pro and the other from dimarzio.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back