Cincinnati meet November 20. Audio GD Ref. 7 & LCD-2 avail. (loan program)
Oct 31, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #61 of 112
I'm guestimating around 6-8. I was going to call Mercy Mt. Airy (old Providence) Hospital off Colerain. I could try finding a place further north but those hospitals built along 75 are pretty security intensive.

Oct 31, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #62 of 112

Quote:
Will a gold chain and silver ingot from the Spanish inquisition work for collateral? 1604!

either that or my wife.......and a bottle of tequila.

i like beer:)...

maybe i can drive it over to cincy on saturday or sunday?...i've been using a Portal Panache to amp 'em, but they don't need all that...sound fine on my black Gilmore Lite + DPS...sure w/e you have on hand'll be ok....

Oct 31, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #63 of 112
LCD-2 is coming? That is sure generous of you emelius. Between that and the HD800's I will probably discover how much of a mistake I made by purchasing my grado's haha. oh well

My Amp: Woo WA22 (with various tubes)
Headphones: Grado PS1000, SR80

A fellow head-fier, downsize, is working on a pair of xlr interconnects for me which I hope to have by then. Sorry that I don't have anything else to contribute, but I'm counting on the meet to help me narrow down some other components.

Oct 31, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #64 of 112
I am going to sell my Red Dawns to help finance a .5m pair to see what all the fuss is about. (that's the plan)

So you are not coming empty handed. I think Duke wants to hear these as well.

I tried to see if the HE-6 loaner program was still going on but they declined. Would have loved to have compared them with some of this gear.

Oct 31, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #65 of 112

Quote:
LCD-2 is coming? That is sure generous of you emelius. Between that and the HD800's I will probably discover how much of a mistake I made by purchasing my grado's haha. oh well

My Amp: Woo WA22 (with various tubes)
Headphones: Grado PS1000, SR80

A fellow head-fier, downsize, is working on a pair of xlr interconnects for me which I hope to have by then. Sorry that I don't have anything else to contribute, but I'm counting on the meet to help me narrow down some other components.

oh snap, you got him to make you a balanced pair of the ultimate interconnect? i thought he didnt know how to do the geometry for it...

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #66 of 112

Quote:
oh snap, you got him to make you a balanced pair of the ultimate interconnect? i thought he didnt know how to do the geometry for it...

Lol, he doesn't...

Well at least thats what he said in his thread. As a favor, he's been working on a balanced design for the past month or so. Hopefully, it will be figured out by then. The only thing is that he is substituting another termination rather than furutech (since the furutuch's rhodium xlr terminations are something like $400 by themselves), but he is confident in this other brand.

Oct 31, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #67 of 112

Quote:
Lol, he doesn't...

Well at least thats what he said in his thread. As a favor, he's been working on a balanced design for the past month or so. Hopefully, it will be figured out by then. The only thing is that he is substituting another termination rather than furutech (since the furutuch's rhodium xlr terminations are something like $400 by themselves), but he is confident in this other brand.

If they aren't, perhaps he could send a pr of RCAs to try.

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #68 of 112
Hey David, I'll Be There Nov.20th. Tom and I will most likely be coming down together My Equipment will be.  ...The "Beast" Tube Amp, HD-650's, Oppo DVD-Audio/ SACD player, Monarchy Dac..Cables., Silver Ribbon IC's,(Duke's Brew),Creative Cable Green Hornet Digital Cable. Chunky AC cords (Duke's Brew)  

​

CREATIVE CABLE - GREEN HORNET DIGITAL CABLE

PSPp...

Nov 6, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #72 of 112
HC,
Please let me know what I can do to help you with the meet!
Tom

Nov 6, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #73 of 112
My contact was out of the office all last week so Monday I will be in touch. If so and everything is ok, I will be able to get a cart for load/unloading. I don't know of anything else needed but thanks Tom.

Duke,
No brown based 6sn7. mini pin wise I can use anything in the 12a-7& 2c51 class and 5998/6080. I've determined the TS5998 to be the best sound with the TS6080 second.

Does anyone want to get in earlier than say 9? I want to get there to put up some direction signs to the room and see if there are any security issues they may want from us before we start coming in.

David

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #74 of 112
David,
I'll at least bring a couple of power strips along with my other equipment.
Do you want me to bring any snacks/drinks etc.? 

Let me know,
Tom

Nov 6, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #75 of 112
The cafeteria/grill and snack/pop machines are available. Any thing you'd like to bring (non alcoholic) would be fine.

All participants should assume one receptacle and bring enough gear until I can scope the room out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back