Cincinnati meet November 20. Audio GD Ref. 7 & LCD-2 avail. (loan program)
May 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 112

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
Mercy Hospital Mt. Airy  2446 Kepling Ave  Cincinnati, OH

Classroom B next to the cafeteria on 2nd fl. Plenty of power and desk space. I will get a cart for bringing gear up.

Park at the main entrance parking and come into the lobby. Go past the gift shop to the elevators on the right. Go to second floor and follow the signs to classroom B.

PM me if you want my cell #. I'll be there about 9am and we have it until 5 pm.

David

Edit: Gear List

HC
Foobar KS>M2Tech HiFace(stock)>CAL Sigma II>SP Platinum>RS-1/K701
Ipod Classic>Xin MacroIV>Ety ER-4s
2 RMB-100 Rotel monoblocs
Tubes, cables, power cords, iso. transformer

On loan from Audio Gd by way of Currawong and Mr. Kingwa,
Reference 7 DAC with latest upgrades

On loan from fellow head fier emelius
Audeze LCD-2 Orthos

Bubu1
HD800 (w/SE and Balanced Cardas cable)
Headroom Balanced Ultra Desktop stack with DPS
John Kenny Modded Hiface
Macbook pro running Pure music
Furman AC215 power conditioner

ccklone
I have an RWA Transit I can bring, it is a USB to SPDIF converter that runs off batteries. Maybe compare it with the J-Keny Hiface? (It does need a driver I can bring on a CD, I don't have a laptop). I can also bring a modded Maverick D1 (LT1364 in DAC, LM4562 in amp and a Raytheon 5670 tube pre-amp) and some woodied-modded SR60s.

9pintube
The "Beast" Tube Amp, HD-650's, Oppo DVD-Audio/ SACD player, Monarchy Dac..Cables., Silver Ribbon IC's,(Duke's Brew),Creative Cable Green Hornet Digital Cable.
Chunky ACcords (Duke's Brew)  CREATIVE CABLE - GREEN HORNET DIGITAL CABLE     

dmac03
Woo WA22 (with various tubes)
Grado PS1000, SR80

bnourabaki
SACDMod Sony SCD-C222ES->Woo Audio 3+->Beyerdynamic 2003 DT880
iPod 5.5 gen->HeadAmp Pico Amp->Westone 2

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 112
Yes, I'd be interested.  There must be a lot of people on vacation or recovering from Canjam based on the number of responses.

Jul 18, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 112
I wouldn't mind attending a meet in Cinci.  Not much new equipment except for a modded hiface by John Kenny but attending a local meet would be fun!  

Jul 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 112
Heck Yeah, I should be able to make a Saturday trip down to Cincy area (plus I could finally get your disc back to you,HC)  Really same gear for me! I do have in the making a new (All Tube, beast of an amp for my can listening) being built by Chris Ivan as we speak...If this meet is soon, I'm not sure it will be totally finished........But It would be great to get together again........keep in touch.....duke

Aug 5, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #9 of 112
My wa22 and ps1000 headphones will hopefully be delivered in approximately 3-4 weeks, so I should have something to contribute after all.

Unfortunately, I have to work every other weekend so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I can make it.

Aug 17, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #12 of 112
My free weekend in (late) November is the 20th-21st.

Its likely impossible to please everyone, so I understand if its scheduled on a weekend that I have to work.

What times of the day to the meets typically start and end?

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #13 of 112
Oh, usually 10-5.

Edit:  This is the current schedule for auditioning the Audio GD Reference 7 DAC.

In the interest of pushing this dac to it's capacity, could some of you gentlemen with a good music source bring material. And could we find some balanced rigs to try it with?

GuyDebord, who is in NY asked me if he could join, and I've decided to slip him in, if that isn't a problem for everyone, putting people in this order:

GuyDebord & The Monkey (September)

Yikes (Early October)

Jude (Late October)

digger945 (Early November)

Happy Camper (Late November)

morphsci (whose address I don't have yet) (December)

audiosceptic (January)

then on to Asr and Uncle Erik.

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #15 of 112
End of November works for me.  Saturday or Sunday are fine.  I can bring my WA3+ and Sony SACD player with some reference discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back