cigarette-fi
Jul 12, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #106 of 188
My current favourite

Mild Seven Lights.

the charcoal filter gives such a nice flavor......marlboro just tastes bitter compared to it

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #108 of 188
Favorite cigs are definitely the marlboro blend no 54's. Although, I usually smoke L&M's or Pall Mall menthols, seeing as they are the cheapest. Bought a pack of Mavericks, they were alright, nothing special. Not really a huge fan of american spirits. I am a poverty cigarette connoisseur.

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #109 of 188
deadhorse.gif
popcorn.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #110 of 188
I never gave up completely but I have now switched to electronic pipes. Everything great from cigarettes with far less risk (we hope). Im down to zero nic even but it took me since April to do that. Im still down with smokers and think of them from time to time but the ecig is so much more enjoyable if you know what to buy and where to buy it.

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #111 of 188
When I smoked, my primary choice was usually Marlboro Light 72's.  I occasionally enjoyed Parliaments.  While in Paris for a couple weeks I found Davidoff Magnums and I liked them even though they were expensive.  I liked an occasional Newport as well.  I used Chantix to quit so that my newborn son would not associate the smell of cigarettes with his father like I did.  I actually enjoyed the smell of a Marlboro Light when I was younger.  I didn't want to advertise Marlboro to my son and the cost of a pack a day or more was really adding up.  I'm so glad to be done with them.  I still get the urge every now and then but it only took one for me to start back up the last time I quit so I won't even take a drag.

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #113 of 188
Just picked up a pack of YUMA Organic Reds from Germany I believe. Pretty expensive but why not. Just under $14 Canadian. Not too bad actually. A switch from the occasional sporadic Northfield Blues, the American Spirit replacement here. Don't smoke all that much so why not get fancy ones. It's the pipe tobacco smell wafting out from the Heritage Tobacconists that gets me in there every time I walk by.

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #114 of 188
In singapore... Most probably marlboro/winston/dunhill reds. Love the dunhill, ultra smooth...
If it's scorching hot then it'll be marlboro black menthol or ice blast. If i'm really lacking financially it'll be pall mall.

In Malaysia... Most definitely SKL (skylight) cherry pipe tobacco.. Damn there's nothing quite like it.

Would love it if djarum black and parliements were imported to singapore.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #115 of 188
I used to buy rolling tobacco, nothing beats a smoke from a fresh out of the pouch, hand rolled filterless joint. Favorite brands were Bali Shag (red pouch) and Stokkebyes. Great thing about rolling is that you save money - no one will ever bum smokes from you, each cig is about 1/3 cost and for some reason I feel like I don't get cravings nearly as quickly. Downsides are it gets you attention from security guards and police officers.  It's still terrible for one's health so a New Year's resolution of mine is to only smoke if its a brand I've never tried or a hookah within a group. Too bad lung cancer isn't curable, I really love smoking and would always take a drag after a foot race or other intense cardio.

I enjoy clove cigarettes, bidis, American Spirits, Nat Shermans and I used to smoke a pipe in public until I realized I looked ridiculous.

Worst smokes ever: Miami - a local Iraq manufactured cigarette that lasted about four puffs and felt like inhaling flaming sawdust.

Jan 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #116 of 188

Quote:
I never gave up completely but I have now switched to electronic pipes. Everything great from cigarettes with far less risk (we hope). Im down to zero nic even but it took me since April to do that. Im still down with smokers and think of them from time to time but the ecig is so much more enjoyable if you know what to buy and where to buy it.

Same here.......but no e-pipes, just e-cigs. Like you, I find it much more enjoyable than regular cigarettes (smoked hand-rolled for over 40 years)........better taste, no smoke, no smell, and a helluva lot cheaper. Plus, it allows me to acquire more gadgets. Last cigarette smoked was April 23, 2010 when the mail arrived with my first e-cig. And like you, I'm still down with smokers. :D

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #117 of 188
What have you been using, device and juice. Im kinda hooked on my epipemods pipes and his pipe juice. I do like lemondrop from pinkspot and some of the Volcano flavors. When not using something bought from epipemods Im using a bombshell with tubetank running at 6v.

Quote:
Same here.......but no e-pipes, just e-cigs. Like you, I find it much more enjoyable than regular cigarettes (smoked hand-rolled for over 40 years)........better taste, no smoke, no smell, and a helluva lot cheaper. Plus, it allows me to acquire more gadgets. Last cigarette smoked was April 23, 2010 when the mail arrived with my first e-cig. And like you, I'm still down with smokers. :D

Jan 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #118 of 188

Quote:
What have you been using, device and juice. Im kinda hooked on my epipemods pipes and his pipe juice. I do like lemondrop from pinkspot and some of the Volcano flavors. When not using something bought from epipemods Im using a bombshell with tubetank running at 6v.

As with headphones, I've kind of gotten into collecting various mods........Screwdrivers, Silver Bullet, Copper, Prodigy, Phideas bottom feeders, and a host of others. I prefer big battery (18650) mods because of time between recharging. My go-to vape is the Silver Bullet @ 3.7 with a standard Joye 510 and a drip-tip. I sometimes use a GLV-2 @ 5 volts, or a low res atty if I want an extra kick. I'm at 6 mg nicotene. After close to two years of using e-cigs, and purchasing hundreds of different flavored e-juice, I've found only a few juices that are in daily rotation. Ikenvape RY4, Alien Visons Boba's Bounty and Raf-A-Licious, Backwoods Brew Casablance, and Bluemist Vaping's DK Tobacco. Since I rolled my own cigarettes for so many years, I find I actually enjoy all the fiddling that seems to be a necessary component of using e-cigs. I've always wanted to try an e-pipe, and will most likely get one in the near future.
I feel that any smoker on Head-Fi is a prime candidate for e-cigs, because, if you think about it, it's just more gadgets to play with. :D 

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #119 of 188

Wow, sounds like you have been through a nice collection. I actually have 5 of Matts hand carved epipes. Im kinda hooked on the pipe although all these mods look amazing.

Im right with ya as far as headfi connection. What goes better than having a smoke while listening to music. Got my LCD on now while I got my new blowfish puffing away. Its perfect, and doesnt make my headphones stink. Here is a combo photo just for the occasion.

Maybe we should make an ecig thread?

Quote:
As with headphones, I've kind of gotten into collecting various mods........Screwdrivers, Silver Bullet, Copper, Prodigy, Phideas bottom feeders, and a host of others. I prefer big battery (18650) mods because of time between recharging. My go-to vape is the Silver Bullet @ 3.7 with a standard Joye 510 and a drip-tip. I sometimes use a GLV-2 @ 5 volts, or a low res atty if I want an extra kick. I'm at 6 mg nicotene. After close to two years of using e-cigs, and purchasing hundreds of different flavored e-juice, I've found only a few juices that are in daily rotation. Ikenvape RY4, Alien Visons Boba's Bounty and Raf-A-Licious, Backwoods Brew Casablance, and Bluemist Vaping's DK Tobacco. Since I rolled my own cigarettes for so many years, I find I actually enjoy all the fiddling that seems to be a necessary component of using e-cigs. I've always wanted to try an e-pipe, and will most likely get one in the near future.
I feel that any smoker on Head-Fi is a prime candidate for e-cigs, because, if you think about it, it's just more gadgets to play with. :D 

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #120 of 188
VERY nice pipes..........I'll definitely look into getting one, just for a change of pace from my tube and box mods. What size battery do those take?.....and do they take regular attys? I've tried various types of cartomizers and haven't found any I like.
Vaping and headphones is a great combo........no cigarette smell to permeate the pads, the drivers, the wood, EVERYTHING! Before I discovered vaping, I never smoked around my headphones. Vaping has made listening a much more pleasurable experience.
As far as an e-cig thread is concerned,  I actually think it's better to be around smokers in this thread........maybe we can get a few converts. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back