cigarette-fi
Aug 1, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #76 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radagast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never heard of such a thing as a fire-safe cigarettes..don't people have more pressing issues? glad to say there is no such thing in Israel, and there won't be for at least a couple of years.

I smoke around a pack a day of an Israeli brand (Noblesse).

And I know from experience that Noblesse is about the worst thing on the planet. I never figured out how so many people can smoke them over there. At least you know you're not doing anything healthy I guess.
tongue.gif

I make and smoke pall mall lights myself.

Aug 1, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #77 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I know from experience that Noblesse is about the worst thing on the planet. I never figured out how so many people can smoke them over there. At least you know you're not doing anything healthy I guess.
tongue.gif

I make and smoke pall mall lights myself.

Noblesse ain't that bad, once you get used to them. You know what they say; Noblesse kills cancer
tongue.gif

Aug 2, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #79 of 188
Man, I've been smoking 3.5 years and I can feel the damage, nothing major at this point but a reduction nonetheless. I wana quit as soon as I can but I suppose if you hit past the 20 year milestone you may as well continue at that point, as far as health is concerned. Then again, I'm a bigger fool for starting to smoke in this day and age you could argue, though one could counter that anyone is succeptible to becoming a smoker, given the insidious and subtle nature of the addiction! I'm just glad I've read Allen Carr's 'Easy Way to Quit Smoking' whilst my addicition was still rather infantile/in it's early years, and know that, using that insight, knowledge and understanding about smoking/nicotine addiction, coupled with knowing myself/my strength, resources, capacity etc, I'll be able to quit sooner rather than later.

I still enjoy Golden Virginia roll-ups, however.
wink.gif
And though I don't know anywhere where I can get my hands on em in the UK/over the counter- so it might just of been a one shot deal (any Frank Zappa fans?)!-, I have recently enjoyed smoking my way through a sleeve of Camel Full Flavours...

Aug 9, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #81 of 188
Well - it took 40 years and a pack and a half a day of Players Special Blend .... and a subsequent heart attack 3 years ago before I finally quit, and never looked back. Cigarettes up here in Canada are now $10.00 a pack and rising, pretty well banned everywhere. Merchants aren't even allowed to display or show them. Totally banned in restaurants, bars etc. You can even be charged for smoking in your own car if there are children present.

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #82 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by komi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am on Pal-Mall Light my self too ... Smoker for 30 years now ... and i dont plan to stop ...

Excellent another Pall Mall smoker! I alternate between the regulars and lights.

May 4, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #83 of 188
I started smoking when I was in college. I was a Marlboro Light user. You know, It really relaxed and soothed me up. I am not against cigarettes because, once in my life, I had been addicted to cigarettes. I just want to share that menthol candies helped me control my cigarette intake. I did not stop totally because once in a blue moon, I puff cigarettes. But, at least, it was controlled.

May 4, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #84 of 188
Dunhill Menthol for the past 20 years. Nat Sherman MCD's for a treat.

May 4, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #85 of 188
Until 5 days ago- Davidoff in the blue packet. I then put a 21mg (per day sustained release) nicotine patch then and left it on till yesterday when I put another one on that had been cut in half. I'll leave this on for 3-4 days then put a quarter of one on. etc etc.

I've been doing this for years when i get sick (not literally) of smoking. The pharmacists say I shouldn't be cutting them up, citing some lame membrane excuse, but with their income at stake, what would you expect?

May 4, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #86 of 188
Well, smoking cigarettes is a choice. They had been warned about it. I have lots of friends who are very dependent to cigarettes. They would prefer cigarettes over foods. I think, that kind of addiction is something that we should think of.

May 4, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #87 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexLastName /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I'm planning to do; how's it working out for you? My pipes come in tomorrow and my pouch of crappy RYO Bugler should run out by the end of tonight. Used to smoke RYO Bali Shag (as well as a wide variety of pre-rolled cigarettes) which I really enjoyed until it was discontinued in the US due to the new taxes.

A little late getting back to you but it's been working out great, haven't touched a single cig since making the switch over a year ago and I light up the pipe multiple times a day. Often I pack half or even 1/3 full to get quick smoke breaks at work.

The only problem I've run into is the scarcity of my favorite tobaccos, namely the ever popular and universally acclaimed Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake.

May 4, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #88 of 188
those were the good old days....i had my last cigarette two years ago. i don't feel better or worst but i do miss it from time to time but, hey i get to save some money for headphones. why not! i used to enjoy camel and camel lights.

May 4, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #89 of 188
I'm quitting next Monday, had the date set for a month. What I will be missing, though, is Cutter's Choice hand rolling tobacco, silver rizlas and swan extra slim filter tips.

I think I'll miss rolling them as much as I'll miss smoking them.

May 4, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #90 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm quitting next Monday, had the date set for a month. What I will be missing, though, is Cutter's Choice hand rolling tobacco, silver rizlas and swan extra slim filter tips.

I think I'll miss rolling them as much as I'll miss smoking them.

Good luck to your quitting smoking (from an ex smoker/ London resident). I gave up over 10 years ago when I was on 40 red Marlboro a day.
Think about it this way, it is only hard in the first few days. The physical craving goes away almost completely after 5 days. After that you have to sort it out in your head. A lot of people are shocked by the weight gain and go back to cigarettes. Trust me, it is easier to lose that extra weight than to quit smoking again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back