Cigar-fi
Apr 2, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #3 of 16
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ighlight=cigar

biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #10 of 16

Quote:
Montecristo No. 2. Nothing better.

Ah...yes!  I was in France last summer, and managed enough pidgen French to negotiate the purchase of un Montecristo Deux et un Partagas Serie D in a Montpelier cigar store.  Two very pleasant nights of looking at the stars and drinking the local red wine (the only thing that seems a genuine bargain in France...cheaper than Diet Coke) followed.

I wish I had taken pictures of the cigar store that I saw in Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris...humidors filled with limited edition Cuban figuardos for upwards of $8000!!  Gene Hackman was right...they are more expensive than drugs. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #11 of 16
I had a No. 2 over New Year's while on a cruise. Nice and warm at night with plenty of stars.

I nosed around Mexico for cigars a couple days ago, but there ain't much in Algodones. A few suspicious-looking Cohibas, but I know better.

San Luis might have some, though. Maybe I'll poke around this weekend.

Apr 14, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #12 of 16
I need to find my way over to Windsor CAN someday soon.  I've not gone over much since all the 9/11 hoo-hah, as it can be a bit of a hassle.  Twenty minutes from my front door to La Casa De Habano and many of my favorite Cuban cigars.

Once upon a time, one could get "seconds" for about half the price of the regular retail item that were wonderful smokes that burned evenly, with a nice draw, and mmmmm....

Geez...wish I had one NOW. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #14 of 16
Like race2c, I love the Oliva Serie G and V. I haven't met a Tatuaje that I didn't like. Lately, I've fallen in love with the Perdomo Lot #23. They never burn straight and constantly go out, but I really love the flavor journey here.

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #15 of 16
I love cigars.  My sig says so.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back