CIEM Recommendations
Sep 1, 2018 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AV3Nguyen

New Head-Fier
Hey, so I've decided to get myself a pair of IEMs for my birthday. I've posted here before and was told to get the CA Andromedas, but I can't bring myself to spend that much plus I really want to get customs, so instead I've been looking at the Alclair RSM (originally the Reference, but I added to the budget). I was also recommended the 64 Audio A6t and the Empire Ears Spartan elsewhere.

I'm looking around the $700 mark; flexible, but I would really prefer to keep it around $700. I prefer a more neutral sound with an emphasis on female vocals, like a "Japanese tuning" so to speak, and good subbass extension (most to least important)

I'll be using it with my LG V30 (really don't want to buy a separate DAP). I've also been recommended to get the iFi IEMatch, which I'm not against getting, but not sure if I would need (it was recommended for the Andromedas).

I would prefer to stick with US manufacturers as I don't want to wait months, but if there's an international brand that'll only take like 8 weeks, I think I can handle it. Thanks so much for all the help!

Sep 2, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 3
You should write to Alclair and describe the sound you are looking for and what's your budget. I'm sure they will take care of you. I myself have RSM Quad, can send you a graph with general frequency response if it can help you with deciding.

Sep 2, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 3
Based on their descriptions and their handy little "frequency response" chart, I've decided the RSM Quad is Alclair's best offering for my budget and tastes, but I was more concerned with whether there were any models from other companies that would fit better.

I appreciate the offer for the FQ response graph, but it would be kinda meaningless without other models measured in the same fashion to compare to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back