Christian Rock
Apr 14, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #31 of 109
Becoming the Archetype is incredible. They seem to get better with each new album release as well. As long as we go down this route: some props are in order for Demon Hunter, As I Lay Dying and Nodes of Ranvier. AILD kind of set the standard for the how 'Metalcore' should sound, so they're a bit unoriginal now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want to listen to Christian rock, but I have to admit that it tends to all sound like sappy 70s lullabies. As a Christian, I definitely would prefer to listen to deep complex interesting music, but ...

I don't understand why they can't get past the simple Barry Manilowesk sound. I guess that appeals to the teen and college crowd, but I have to admit it does nothing for me.... even if I really try to get into it.

Dude. Seriously. I'm psyched to give you: mewithoutYou. Lyrically they are as brilliant as their style of music.

Apr 14, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #32 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome! Just start with Theocracy - Mirror Of Souls, and be prepared to have your ***** kicked, and your face melted (in a good way, haha).

If you like what you hear, then proceed down the list - I think there is a lot there you may enjoy...

smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Pixel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude. Seriously. I'm psyched to give you: mewithoutYou. Lyrically they are as brilliant as their style of music.

Thanks for the suggestions! I've listened a little online and I like what I hear so far
smile.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #34 of 109
So why are you posting in this thread? What you just did is a thread crap which incidentally is against the rules.

It is simple; this thread is about Christian Rock. This is clear from the title of the thread. Obviously those posting recommendations either are Christian or don't mind the Christian overtones.

For future reference to anyone about to post about how they are an atheist and can't stand the Christian message, save those posting in this thread the trouble and just refrain from reading a thread that is obviously counter to your personal ethic.

Apr 15, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #38 of 109
Some excellent punk and pop rock Christian bands:

Anberlin
Relient K
Family Force 5
The Almost
Capital Lights
FM Static
Hawk Nelson
Stellar Kart
This Beautiful Republic

Of those, Family Force 5 and Capital Lights are my favorites for now.

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #40 of 109
Theocracy (new to me) is a great recommendation. "Laying the Demon to Rest" a bit more metal than I care for personally but well done. "Mirror of Souls" is simply an incredible musical opus. Very entertaining. I'm looking forward to trying some more as well as the other artists recommended.

Great thread!

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #41 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about Christian Ska? I'm not religious myself, but Five Iron Frenzy was great.

If you liked Five Iron Frenzy (I Love them
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)
You would like Brave Saint Saturn (same people as FIF) and you would also like the Oc Supertones

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #42 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is absolutely TRAGIC that this thread has made it this far and there hasn't been a single mention of the band "Theocracy".

Thank you so much for posting this, you just showed me a really awesome band
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

A few Christian bands I would recommend:
Anberlin
Audio Adrenaline
(The)Benjamin Gate
Casting Crowns
Chevelle
David Crowder Band (A great band I first saw at Kingdom Bound)
DC Talk
Decyfer Down
Delirious
Demon Hunter
Eowyn (Discovered Recently)
Five Iron Frenzy
Flyleaf
Jars Of Clay
Kutless
Mary Simon
Neal Morse
Newsboys (Only their older stuff, their new stuff is all the same)
(The) OC Supertones
Paramore
Pillar
Red
Sanctus Real
Skillet
Spock's Beard
Switchfoot
Theocracy
Third Day
Thousand Foot Krutch
Thrice

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #43 of 109
I am glad to see that a few people are enjoying Theocracy. There is nothing I would like more than to see that band get the exposure they deserve. They are wonderful musicians, and write great music with very meaningful lyrics.

IMO they rank right up there among the best of the best, Christian or not.

For any metal fan who dismiss Theocracy without even giving them a shot because they are a Christian band - you are doing yourself a great disservice.

Apr 17, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #45 of 109
Not specifically Christian, but The Flower Kings reference God and overall positive messages throughout their releases. Good Stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back