Christian / Christian Rock.
Aug 24, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #46 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't consider Creed Christian... Their 1st album is quite defiant, take a closer look at my own prison. the lead singer is a pk (pastor's kid) so definatly has the knowledge, but their lyrics don't show any internalization, unless you count slightly hostile

Yeah, I like their first album, My Own Prison. The title track's especially good.

Switchfoot is about the only Christian artist I can enjoy. They've got some clever lyrics. And some stereotyped ones. As for Hillsong style 'worship' music, I can't stand it. To me it's just truly painful stuff.

Now the old hymns however? Ah, just wonderful ...

But the 'contemporized' versions? Almost as bad as Hillsong ...

But sorry, OT, try some Switchfoot.

Jan 7, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #51 of 58
I've always wondered how so many bands and people call their music Christian.  Most of them have tattoos.  Some are kind of gothic.  Some are all screamo.  Some of them take pictures of their titties and the picture gets leaked out.

Jan 7, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #52 of 58

Quote:
I've always wondered how so many bands and people call their music Christian.  Most of them have tattoos.  Some are kind of gothic.  Some are all screamo.  Some of them take pictures of their titties and the picture gets leaked out.

erm to make more money

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #54 of 58
Yeah used to listen to Pilar

Check out bands like:
Underoath - which is rather post-hardcore/hardcore Christian
Emery - early songs from The Question or Week's End have Christian context
Dead Poetic is/was also great screamo Christain band

I wonder why anyone hasn't named The Almost. It's like the most Christian rock band ever :)

There's also Poema if you like sweet womens' voices it's kinda pop-rock Christian. Those girls are awesome

Jun 20, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #56 of 58
Searched the thread and saw no mentioning of Believer - Transhuman, the album is IMO better than Gabriel, more of a grower and more refined. If OP wants less thrash and more rock, be sure to check out Kings' X (early nineties), and while your at it.. Wovenhand (hey.. they opened up for Tool).

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #57 of 58
I realize this thread is quite old, although it's been bumped recently, but I thought I would continue on in case anyone is interested.

On the hard rock side of things:

Blindside (just came out with a new CD, With Shivering Hearts We Wait--very, very good)
Red
Project 86

On the lighter side:

Falling Up (coming out with a new CD very soon) http://www.facebook.com/fallingup?sk=app_2405167945
The Future of Forestry
After Edmund
The Myriad

And I still love The Prayer Chain's album Mercury (1995). Well ahead of its time, at least on the Christian side of things. It still beats a lot out there.

To me, these are among the more original sounding bands out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back