Christian / Christian Rock.
Aug 3, 2007 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

noremedy

100+ Head-Fier
Are there any christian enthusiasts on this site?

I have a new found passion for this genre, but its not one of the most popular. I am struggling to find some new artists.

Does anyone know any bands / individuals like Pillar, thousand foor krutch.. etc

Thanks,

Ben.

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 58
I don't listen to much in this area, but I do have Gretchen: In the Mean Time which is pretty decent. Naturally, there's also Evanescence.

Both of those are rock with female vocals though and your references are male vocals, so I don't know if you'll like them.

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #5 of 58
If you like Pillar, try Reliant K, Switchfoot, audio adrenalin

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 58
Check out The Benjamin Gate, they are not together anymore but they were my favorite Christian rock group. The lead vocalist aslo has a solo project now with her husband... it's a bit more mellow but if you like her voice
eggosmile.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:04 PM Post #7 of 58
NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSENEAL MORSENEAL MORSENEAL MORSENEAL MORSENEAL MORSENEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE neal morse.

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #8 of 58
Right now the Christian artists being played the most on my iPod are 33 Miles, Aaron Shust, Caedmon's Call, Chris Tomlin, and Kutless
smily_headphones1.gif

Neal Morse sounds interesting. I like prog rock so I will check his stuff out, thanks AceOfWands
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #9 of 58
Underoath seem to have really Christian lyrics, but I wouldn't just call them 'rock'. I have to say that most CCM I've found to be really bad. It's all my GF listens to, so I know.

I actually reject the concept of 'Christian Music' but that's probably thread drift.

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #10 of 58
Thread drift (on).
Not Christian, but some great rock with strong Christian themes: Arc Angels

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:36 PM Post #11 of 58
I used to be into that stuff. Here are some that I listened to:
Ghoti Hook - punk - no longer around
Tourniquet - progressive metal-ish
MxPx - punk - used to be christian, then went mainstream
Norma Jean - hard core

One great resource for finding music you like is www.pandora.com . Put in an artist you like, and see what it comes up with. I'm pretty sure they have a fair amount of christian stuff on there

As a side note, Evanescence isn't christian. They've been asked about it during interviews.

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #12 of 58
Up until I was about 18 I listened to entirely Christian rock. It kept peace with the parents and that was during an especially productive time in that whole scene. Don't know much about anything released after 2000, but some of the stuff from the late 90's was really good. Loved the old Audio Adrenaline stuff, DC Talk's Jesus Freak, Jars of Clay's s/t, Smalltown Poets, Supertones, Sixpence None the Richer's This Beautiful Mess and their s/t album, Third Day's s/t, The Waiting's s/t, the list goes on. I've still got around 70 old cd's from that time and I go to them occasionally.

Aug 4, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #13 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by AceOfWands /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSENEAL MORSENEAL MORSENEAL MORSENEAL MORSENEAL MORSENEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE NEAL MORSE neal morse.

Yep -- I love this guy's music!!

Aug 4, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #14 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by xollox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a side note, Evanescence isn't christian. They've been asked about it during interviews.

That's pretty odd to hear since their early work and liner notes have had clear Christian references. I also read that the label first tried to sell them through Christian stores, but it didn't take off. They may not be officially Christian, but it's definitely there.

Aug 4, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #15 of 58
bands to check out:

kutless
skillet
12 stones (will be in WNY later this month)
Falling Up
Sanctus Real

I'll probably have a couple more good groups by the end of the week. My wife works at a Christian College who sponsers Kingdom Bound, a huge Christian Music festival. and the school actually puts on the stage where all the rock concerts are at. So I'm heading up there on Sun and Wed to help out at the booth... free concerts
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back