Chord QuteHD DAC - 'Pulse-Array' Teconology Discusion Thread
Aug 18, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #61 of 66
Has anyone compared Chord Qute to Denafrips Ares?

Aug 19, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #62 of 66
It is like comparing apples to oranges. A meanful comparison of Ares are DACs form Soekris, Audio GD R1, R8, R28 and more.

Old thread, Chord had cancelled advertising, all links on the starting page return 404.

Aug 19, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #63 of 66
It is like comparing apples to oranges. A meanful comparison of Ares are DACs form Soekris, Audio GD R1, R8, R28 and more.

Well, it's meaningful for me, since I have Chord Qute HD and was thinking about either Qutest or possibly Ares as an upgrade.

Aug 19, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #64 of 66
Well, it's meaningful for me, since I have Chord Qute HD and was thinking about either Qutest or possibly Ares as an upgrade.
For many it will be a sidegrade, as it is switching to a different technology. Not everyboldy likes more natural sound coming out from R2R converters. It depends on a music you are listening to. Have you ever been attending a classic music live performance? If you did and you like it, you would prefer Ares, Soekris or Audio GD. Do you like modern music production like a things coming from Calvin Harris? If yes, it would be a sidegrade.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #65 of 66
For many it will be a sidegrade, as it is switching to a different technology. Not everyboldy likes more natural sound coming out from R2R converters. It depends on a music you are listening to. Have you ever been attending a classic music live performance? If you did and you like it, you would prefer Ares, Soekris or Audio GD. Do you like modern music production like coming from Calvin Harris? If yes, it would be a sidegrade.

Thank you, it perhaps answers me. I listen mostly to modern stuff (though Asian and not Western).

Aug 19, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #66 of 66
Thank you, it perhaps answers me. I listen mostly to modern stuff (though Asian and not Western).
Asian music may use acoustic instruments, then you will like presence of reverbation on a decay, a real presentation of instruments that is missing on DS converters. Sorry, my answer was not precise enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back