Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Apr 9, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #574 of 1,084
Solved - solution at bottom of post. 

Sometimes Asio won't start with the Mojo.

If i open Jriver i see "playback could not be started on the output "ASIO" " If i open Fidelify i see "could not start asio"

Os - Windows 10.

I've reinstalled Mojos asio driver and it hasn't fixed it.

When it happens i have to reboot the Mojo to get asio to work.  Turning the Mojo off and back on, Asio will initiate and playback starts.

What could be causing it? Thanks

Update : Seems that Chrome being open was stopping Asio from initializing.  I closed all chrome processes (in task manager) and Asio initiated, playback started.  

Apr 9, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #575 of 1,084
Really? Well, my impression is the Brits ****** rock!

Lol, thanks 
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #576 of 1,084
A little help please.

So I just got my Mojo Saturday. I can't get my high res files (flac) on the Mac to read past the 44k mark. I realize FLAC and Mac don't play well together. It always shows red on the power led marble and should play at a higher rate. I read where Mac USB must be 2.0 or higher to read high res files for the Mojo. I went into my settings and it looks like the USB is a 3.0 bus, so not sure where problem exists? My USB to mini USB cable possibly? Do I need to install a player for FLAC files like the Vox player or a Onkyo HF player to recognize/play my FLAC files? I don't think ITunes plays flac but plays alac- apple proprietary bs. Or maybe it's just time to get another PC.

Thanks for the help!

Update- I just downloaded Audirvana Plus- problem solved. "Getting my MOJO on!"

Apr 10, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #577 of 1,084
Has there been any official annoucement regarding the 10.3.1 compatibility issue?

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #578 of 1,084
Sort of an issue?
95% of my Mojo listening is at home thru my second system. I'like to get it off the table top to get some more airflow around it....
Has anyone come up with a stand or cradle to held the mojo. I think I've seen a few ideas bouncing around the net, but of course didn't think to flag them at the time.
Thanks

Apr 13, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #579 of 1,084
  Sort of an issue?
95% of my Mojo listening is at home thru my second system. I'like to get it off the table top to get some more airflow around it....
Has anyone come up with a stand or cradle to held the mojo. I think I've seen a few ideas bouncing around the net, but of course didn't think to flag them at the time.
Thanks

Use cellphone stand and lay it on it's side.

Apr 15, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #580 of 1,084
I purchased the Mojo in May from Moon Audio.
In the last month or so I've been having connection issues(dropouts)when using the left headphone port. I've tested with all my gear and the results are all the same.
Before making this purchase I contacted Moon Audio with a few questions, and they were very helpful, and quick to respond.
In the last few weeks I've emailed them three times to make a claim under warranty, but I haven't received a reply back.
I have registered it on Chords site, and I believe the manual says to contact the retailer when a problem occurs...
Do I contact Chord directly, or just give Moon Audio some time(I know they are a small family business)?

Thanks.
Hi just letting you know of my experience with the mojo. I bought this from somebody who had had it for a few months and after about a week I noticed that tha battery was only lasting for about an hour and a half. Seeing as I hadn't dealt with a deal and had bought it privately I contacted Chord. They were brilliant. They replaced the battery under warranty at no cost to me. Just to let anyone know a battery replacement out of warranty will cost £42 from Chord. So I hope that this helps.
-paul-

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #581 of 1,084
Hi there,
Any idea why my Mojo would not work in Cubase? It's a music production program (DAW). It literally works everywhere else problem free. On the other hand, every single other device is working perfectly fine in Cubase (from built in speakers through a generic ASIO driver to more picky DACs) and the Mojo is recognized normally as well(see pic), it just wouldn't make a sound ;(
I tried using both Windows drivers abd no luck either. Any tipsappreciated. Cheers!

You really should be googling and reading in the Steingberg forums. I solved the exact same issues there.

However I also found that the Generic Asio Driver (that comes with Cubase) was better. Or I mean I could not get it going with the Chord one, or I didn't try hard enough.

I think your issue is that you have not connected the Output Device. Look just down from where your undo and redo buttons/icons are. Sort of top left.

What you might have done is started up Cubase with you Mojo switched off. Or you need to set it up. Take note of what you do while you resolve this, because it will happen again.

Anyway, under VST on that Devices window you have open, click on the ASIO driver. (As I said I used the generic one.) A different window appears, and click control panel on that. If your Mojo is switched on, you should see an option to put a cross in a box for it.

There may be one more step to do, but this so far might fix it.

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #582 of 1,084

You really should be googling and reading in the Steingberg forums. I solved the exact same issues there.

However I also found that the Generic Asio Driver (that comes with Cubase) was better. Or I mean I could not get it going with the Chord one, or I didn't try hard enough.

I think your issue is that you have not connected the Output Device. Look just down from where your undo and redo buttons/icons are. Sort of top left.

What you might have done is started up Cubase with you Mojo switched off. Or you need to set it up. Take note of what you do while you resolve this, because it will happen again.

Anyway, under VST on that Devices window you have open, click on the ASIO driver. (As I said I used the generic one.) A different window appears, and click control panel on that. If your Mojo is switched on, you should see an option to put a cross in a box for it.

There may be one more step to do, but this so far might fix it.

Yes, I got it going with the Generic ASIO Driver too. However, I think it does not sound as good for some reason... Regardless, if the Chord ASIO won't work, that's the only thing I can do. I might also run it through my Roland, which might be better still. Cheers.

Apr 15, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #583 of 1,084
Yes, I got it going with the Generic ASIO Driver too. However, I think it does not sound as good for some reason... Regardless, if the Chord ASIO won't work, that's the only thing I can do. I might also run it through my Roland, which might be better still. Cheers.

The chord driver asks for any corrupted data packets to be resent. I don't know if the Cubase version does the same, but it is something that you could research.

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #584 of 1,084

The chord driver asks for any corrupted data packets to be resent. I don't know if the Cubase version does the same, but it is something that you could research.

Yeah I can't remember why I chose the generic ASIO driver. I think it was because I could alter some settings. If you look on that Device Setup pop out window that [u][color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]conquerator2[/color][/u] has opened, there are some latency numbers. Below that some boxes and settings to change. If I recall correct I found the odd one of those could not be altered. Or better settings could be gained with the generic driver: like an option might disappear with the Chord driver.

Anyway good point mike. Thank you for pointing out the resending.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #585 of 1,084
Yeah I can't remember why I chose the generic ASIO driver. I think it was because I could alter some settings. If you look on that Device Setup pop out window that [U][COLOR=0066CC]conquerator2[/COLOR][/U] has opened, there are some latency numbers. Below that some boxes and settings to change. If I recall correct I found the odd one of those could not be altered. Or better settings could be gained with the generic drive: like an option might disappear with the Chord driver.

Anyway good point mike. Thank you for pointing out the resending.

At the moment @conquerator2 has a solution that is working.

I pointed out the packet resend as possibly one reason why the chord and generic drivers seem to sound different.

Nevertheless no great need to worry about it, while everything still works.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back