Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Apr 2, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #558 of 1,084
I was using the Mojo via Optical and i noticed that when i removed the optical cable, the flap that covers/protects the optical port doesn't close all the way - it's still partially open (like still 45 degrees open/closed)

has anyone notice this or also happened with their unit? Any ideas how to fully close it? i tried sticking tape to the 'door' so that i can pull it to fully close but that didn't work
frown.gif

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #559 of 1,084
  I was using the Mojo via Optical and i noticed that when i removed the optical cable, the flap that covers/protects the optical port doesn't close all the way - it's still partially open (like still 45 degrees open/closed)

has anyone notice this or also happened with their unit? Any ideas how to fully close it? i tried sticking tape to the 'door' so that i can pull it to fully close but that didn't work
frown.gif

I seem to remember one user posting something similar on the main thread, but I think it is a very rare issue.
I don't think it stops the optical input working.
I certainly have not experienced anything similar, and would not worry too much if it did happen. The flap just prevents dust and hairs obscuring the optical beam - but remember that other optical ports do not use flaps, and do not seem to experience problems.

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #560 of 1,084
I seem to remember one user posting something similar on the main thread, but I think it is a very rare issue.
I don't think it stops the optical input working.
I certainly have not experienced anything similar, and would not worry too much if it did happen. The flap just prevents dust and hairs obscuring the optical beam - but remember that other optical ports do not use flaps, and do not seem to experience problems.

Agreed. In terms of fuctionality the port is fine. It's mostly an aesthetic defect - and being a bit of an OC, this bothers me a bit :neutral_face:

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #564 of 1,084

Maybe just try and loosen the flap a little using a cocktail stick, and see if it will close properly again - be gentle and don't break the flap.

Ok, will give it a try. At present the port is covered with tape :grimacing:

If nothing works, you can buy these dust covers for cheap on ebay. Hugo comes with these.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #565 of 1,084
Hi, in the last few days when I'm playing through tidal (wifi 5 GHz) mojo stops playing sound but tidal appear playing the music.
Is it a problem of the wifi or otherwise?

Are you using an iPhone or Android? Your usb cable might be breaking connection, try another one.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #566 of 1,084
I've posted a big post about this over on the other thread but essentially Chord have said 10.3 effects non genuine apple cables. Although I'm using a genuine apple CCK and am still having problems

Have you tried updating  to 10.3.1?

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #570 of 1,084
Hi there,
Any idea why my Mojo would not work in Cubase? It's a music production program (DAW). It literally works everywhere else problem free. On the other hand, every single other device is working perfectly fine in Cubase (from built in speakers through a generic ASIO driver to more picky DACs) and the Mojo is recognized normally as well(see pic), it just wouldn't make a sound ;(
I tried using both Windows drivers abd no luck either. Any tipsappreciated. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back