Chord Mojo for computer rig
Mar 23, 2019 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Oceiros

New Head-Fier
Thinking about setting up my Chord Mojo through my desktop going through the optical cable.

I used to have a Schiit Jotunheim I rather enjoyed with my LCD-X, but have since sold both.

How well does the chord Mojo perform through optical going through a desktop computer?

Mar 23, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 6
It will sound great, but feel strange when you have the optical, USB, and then headphone cable coming out of the small unit.

User experience aside... The sound that the mojo produce is really special.

Mar 23, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #3 of 6
Yeah, I mean I really like the sound I get from my phone and my IEM's I just had the notion of using it for a desktop rig.

I feel it would sound great or even better there compared, but I feel I hear a difference compared when going through optical straight to my computer over USB, but that might just be me.

I just prefer the sound signature I was getting going through the optical Port.

Mar 23, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 6
The Mojo is fairly susceptible to RF noise from your cell phone, which it would not experience if on your desk away from it...so I would expect you would notice a difference more due to its separation from your phone!

Mar 24, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 6
I do most of my listening using my computer, and a mojo or Hugo 2.
I always use optical from computer to dac.
This removes the low level electrical noise path from computer to dac, which affects the dac ground plane.
This will remove the 'false brightness' which can be present with USB, however some people do prefer that slight brightness.
The only way to identify which you prefer, is to try both optical and USB, which is what you are considering.
You don't need to spend a fortune, Kabeldirekt cables are cheap and have many fans on the chord threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back