1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo for computer rig

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by Oceiros, Mar 23, 2019.
  1. Oceiros
    Thinking about setting up my Chord Mojo through my desktop going through the optical cable.

I used to have a Schiit Jotunheim I rather enjoyed with my LCD-X, but have since sold both.

How well does the chord Mojo perform through optical going through a desktop computer?

2. ksorota
    It will sound great, but feel strange when you have the optical, USB, and then headphone cable coming out of the small unit.

User experience aside... The sound that the mojo produce is really special.

3. Oceiros
    Yeah, I mean I really like the sound I get from my phone and my IEM's I just had the notion of using it for a desktop rig.

I feel it would sound great or even better there compared, but I feel I hear a difference compared when going through optical straight to my computer over USB, but that might just be me.

I just prefer the sound signature I was getting going through the optical Port.

4. ksorota
    The Mojo is fairly susceptible to RF noise from your cell phone, which it would not experience if on your desk away from it...so I would expect you would notice a difference more due to its separation from your phone!

5. Oceiros
    That could also be a possibility.

I did read that happens on some of the other threads I saw.

I wouldn't mind giving it a try on my desktop.

On days when I don't want to use my vanatoo speakers

6. miketlse
    I do most of my listening using my computer, and a mojo or Hugo 2.
    I always use optical from computer to dac.
    This removes the low level electrical noise path from computer to dac, which affects the dac ground plane.
    This will remove the 'false brightness' which can be present with USB, however some people do prefer that slight brightness.
    The only way to identify which you prefer, is to try both optical and USB, which is what you are considering.
    You don't need to spend a fortune, Kabeldirekt cables are cheap and have many fans on the chord threads.